1960 Pontiac Ventura

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I wanted to show how i plumbed the vacuum lines from the base of the center carb. I made a hard line that attaches to a a inline check valve that was used on VW & Audi, that after doing countless research online in the evenings, that attaches to a searies of T fittings. The reason being I wanted to retain the original vacuum can and pull vacuum from the can for the heater controls rather then just from the carb base as when the accelerateor is depressed there is no vacuum. A few more pics

20160222_143719.jpg 20160222_143701.jpg 20160317_094304.jpg 20160317_094326.jpg 20160316_164811.jpg

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
a inline check valve that was used on VW & Audi, your 60 may now get caught up in that big TDI recall, I'll send them your VIN so you don't miss out. Not just a pretty face Dan, you're a smart guy.:D:bow

Last edited:

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I like the way the dash comes off, sure would be easier to work on things. Nice ride, I watched one sitting by a trailer for 15 years or more. It was a
white 2 dr Hd top, then one day, it was gone. They are quite the cars.

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I like the way the dash comes off, sure would be easier to work on things. Nice ride, I watched one sitting by a trailer for 15 years or more. It was a
white 2 dr Hd top, then one day, it was gone. They are quite the cars.
Agree completely. I was a little disappointed when I found out mine wouldn't come out.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well I have made a little more progress. The windshield is in and all interior, minas door panels of course. Sandblasted the fuel tank, silversoldered up some pinholes on the top shot it with epoxy and used pour 15 tank sealer then rolled on a good heavy coat of truck bed liner just on the top and painted the entire tank and got it installed. A new tank is not available or I would have purchased one. Also got the back bumper on. Backed it out of the shop on its own power today so I could clean the shop, first time it has moved under its own power...:brow

20160324_101430.jpg 20160410_125750.jpg 20160410_134446.jpg 20160410_125803.jpg 20160410_134631.jpg

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
No gas tank available! !! That's a bomber. I would have thought a 60 Chevrolet tank would work.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No gas tank available! !! That's a bomber. I would have thought a 60 Chevrolet tank would work.
I have a 60 Chevrolet tank and it's not even close. I think the 61 Pontiac tank is exactly the same but has the fill on the driver side as apposed to the back.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Steve,
You wouldn't beleive how many people have said that...:confused
I hope I didn't offend you Dan.
I was thinking of the Adam West , Burt Ward Era but not in a kinky kind of way:taunt
Once you get doors and glass all in as well as the chrome it or she will be beautiful

Steve

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That's a real looker. You are going to have a hard time driving all your nice cars Dan, this one is a standout. I rarely see any 50's and 60's Pontiacs at shows.