1960 Pontiac Ventura

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
Who would not love a 60s Pontiac ??????? Fantastic style, great interior, a body that goes on for thirty feet ! One of my high school class mates bought a white 60 Olds hardtop. When he drove away it seemed like it took minutes to disappear as the image floated away. Having this Pontiac flame from within I still have a couple GTOs, a 1926 factory manual in a two ring binder, and an old radiator cap.IMG_0647.jpg

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
The 58 Camino would draw crowds for miles. Don's Sport Car Salvage in Wisconsin built a Camino out of a 59 Imperial. Talk about a stunning machine. It pulled hundreds of cars out of Chicago where he had buying connections . Sure looked comfortable to drive also.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Like the black stealthy look :cool:. The rear end and tail lights are cool too. Don't think I have ever seen one of these before. Looks like its going 100 mph sitting still. Sweet body lines.
Cant wait to see it done.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Like the black stealthy look :cool:. The rear end and tail lights are cool too. Don't think I have ever seen one of these before. Looks like its going 100 mph sitting still. Sweet body lines.
Cant wait to see it done.
We can all thank Harley Earl for his for his outstanding vision of automotive styling.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan, Dan, Dan. Canadian Pontiacs are much easier to do cause they are Chevies underneath, here's some 60's, 2 verts, a wagon, and a 4 door sport sedan, pretty complete stuff, CDN$10,000 (US$8,000 or less). Includes 2 rebuilt still wrapped 283's. Almost too good to be true? A red vert and a black vert. http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/5535021039.html

00A0A_2FCgfCNCwqU_600x450.jpg

00i0i_6Ids2xXAIR1_600x450.jpg

01010_fqzVoGSny6p_600x450.jpg

00909_fEpkumu9HvR_600x450.jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
He has had those listed for about two years, they are just north of me about 3-hrs.

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Dan
My hats off to you sir.
Around here I am know as the man to do the detailing work. Have had cars come to me from as far away as 200 miles for me to detail them for a show (or shows)
I thought I was good, but don't hold a candle to you and your work
EXCELENT
I have really enjoyed reading this post and keeping up with everything
Keep up the great work
Roger

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan
My hats off to you sir.
Around here I am know as the man to do the detailing work. Have had cars come to me from as far away as 200 miles for me to detail them for a show (or shows)
I thought I was good, but don't hold a candle to you and your work
EXCELENT
I have really enjoyed reading this post and keeping up with everything
Keep up the great work
Roger
Thanks Roger I really appreciate the complement.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tommy,
Can you post a pic of the wiper escutcheon rings? I have a couple sets from different cars I had chromed and just want to make sure I have the correct ones for the 60.
Thanks

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Tommy,
Can you post a pic of the wiper escutcheon rings? I have a couple sets from different cars I had chromed and just want to make sure I have the correct ones for the 60.
Thanks

Here you go. 20160509_220317.jpg

Attachments

• 20160509_220328.jpg
    20160509_220328.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 3