1960 Pontiac Ventura

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I hope I didn't offend you Dan.
I was thinking of the Adam West , Burt Ward Era but not in a kinky kind of way:taunt
Once you get doors and glass all in as well as the chrome it or she will be beautiful

Steve
No offence Steve, I just think its funny everyone that sees it says its the Batmobile...:brow

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Good to know about the gas tank, I will be extra careful with mine.
Tommy, If you look at the pic of my tank you can see it is upside down. On either side of the fuel fill you can see the two oval shaped indentations, those same stampings are on the top and fit into a saddle on the underside of the vehicle. Those collect dirt and it always seems to be on the passenger side. You can see in these pics where I had to repair the brace on the car, I was able to cut the panels out of another car to make the repair.

20150731_171645.jpg 20150828_154322.jpg 20150904_095907.jpg
20151026_130553.jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That's a real looker. You are going to have a hard time driving all your nice cars Dan, this one is a standout. I rarely see any 50's and 60's Pontiacs at shows.
Thanks Don, Its going to be tough riding around in this butt ugly rig...:facepalm

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great work Dan. I gotta admit....I'm still trying to visualize it with 8-lugs or chrome rims. You know how us old guys are. That is simply exceptional work!!
Thanks Dave, I know where there is a set of NOS 1960 8-lugs but I can't afford them, let alone a restored set...

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks Dave, I know where there is a set of NOS 1960 8-lugs but I can't afford them, let alone a restored set...

LOL. As all of these ignorant politicians are proving, it's easy to spend Other People's Money!!! So I'm making room, you can send it down as-is!!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It's not a Batmoble, it's a Shark. There is a club for 60 Pontiac owners and the club newsletter is called "Sharkbites "
Tommy is correct. I laughed when I read this, from the day I bought this car home my wife said it looks like a shark but, had no knowledge the 60 Pontiac was refered to as the shark...:brow

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What's the story on these 8 bolts Dan? $210 each in 15 inch. Not original, but look good from here.

http://www.bopengineering.com/pontiac_full_size.shtml

8lugwheel_black_s.jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What's the story on these 8 bolts Dan? $210 each in 15 inch. Not original, but look good from here.

http://www.bopengineering.com/pontiac_full_size.shtml

8lugwheel_black_s.jpg

Don,
That is only the rim, you have to provide your own brake drum. The brake drums are the expensive part of the whole package. The problem with the brake drums is because they are aluminum with a steel liner corosion gets between the liner and the aluminum casting. They may look good but when the brakes heat up they warp and a violent vibration is evident.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
What Dan said about the drums is correct. I just had the front drums on my 61 restored, fairly expensive, $350 each plus you provide the drum but they seem fine not. That price included new shoes that are cam ground to match the drum so it really isn't too bad

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well I'm on the final push to complete the paint. Car is assembled as far as can be minus the's last panels and moved up to the house.
Sandblaster ruined the second hood...:doh but thank God I have a good friend that had one last nice hood. The underside had been sprayed with undercoating so it was well preserved accept for the front lip. It did not get sprayed so there was a little rust repair. Easy fix cut the front lip off the original hood and put it on the new...:browwill sandblast the lip today prior to repair. Also had a little metal work on the rear panel of the decklid from condensation and a mouse nest as well as the bottom of the fenders from dirt behind the brace at the lower attachments. I had cut the panels out prior to blasting so all was epoxy coated prior to patches. Epoxy has been blocked with 180 and body work is done and we are ready for K2 high build primer...:clap
Also forgot to mention Butch & Deb Schultz stopped by Sunday and I took Butch for a ride, backed it out of the garage...:poke
20160420_181919.jpg 20160421_151413.jpg 20160420_182050.jpg 20160420_182031.jpg 20160418_121432.jpg 20160416_154352.jpg 20160416_154436.jpg 20160417_095629.jpg 20160418_121404.jpg
20160410_134631.jpg