1960 Pontiac Ventura

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Really? I don't know why I had it in my head that much difference wouldn't look as good as it does. I was trying to avoid using 18's & 20's, but I'm going to reconsider those now. But I'm having a hard time finding 18's & 19's in matched sizes.
What size tires are you using?
Ditto

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Really? I don't know why I had it in my head that much difference wouldn't look as good as it does. I was trying to avoid using 18's & 20's, but I'm going to reconsider those now. But I'm having a hard time finding 18's & 19's in matched sizes.
What size tires are you using?
Fronts are 225/50 rears 255/45. I was having a hard time matching up 18's & 20's tires so I went to 17's in front instead. If you look at Bobby Alloway's builds he does a pretty staggered wheel & tire combo so I figured I would give it a try. I was a little worried but I think I am going to pull it off. I also have a set of 15" steelies that I still need to send out to be rehooped to 7's & 8's with a set of NOS Dog Dish caps so I can have two different looks depending on the show I am attending.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Yeah!!!!! Now you talking, I thought I remembered you having some little caps. Troy will like that so be sure to post over on the Pontiac site

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I cleaned up the original splash shields and made new staples from some stainless. 035 welding rod.
Also a few pics of the plumbing on the brake lines. I made these up on my parts car prior.
Got the hole for the shift linkage trimmed and shift porch installed.

20160225_112110.jpg 20160225_112036.jpg 20160225_112125.jpg 20160226_150559.jpg 20160226_150641.jpg 20160226_160521.jpg 20160226_151214.jpg

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
The harness looks great Dan, looks just like the factory harness on mine. Where do you get the connector ends at? Is there a electronic supply place that sells that stuff?

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The harness looks great Dan, looks just like the factory harness on mine. Where do you get the connector ends at? Is there a electronic supply place that sells that stuff?
Yes, there are venders that sell the connectors. I have had them for over twenty years. I think M&H Electric offers them. You also need the W crimper to properly crimp them.
http://www.wiringharness.com/m

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Show cars but, it looks the same and was a better price.
I really wish someone would make a correct lever, the one that is available is patterned after the Chevrolet and they aren't even correct for a Chevrolet.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I really wish someone would make a correct lever, the one that is available is patterned after the Chevrolet and they aren't even correct for a Chevrolet.
Tommy, I am going to modify mine, I think it is to tall. Do you have a original spaghetti sifter you could make a pattern of?