2nd Amendment Attack Continues

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Subject: Support Iowa's Freedom Amendment

Fellow Iowan,

On November 8th, Iowans will get a chance to cement our Second Amendment rights in Iowa’s Constitution. It is hard to believe we are one of only six other states that do not have a “back up to the 2nd Amendment” written into their state’s Constitution. That’s right, 44 other states have taken the step to protect 2nd Amendment Rights in their state just in case our Federal Constitutional 2A rights are infringed or modified from the Founders’ original intent.

On November 8, Iowans will be asked to vote on amending the State of Iowa’s Constitution to include Iowa Amendment 1 – also known as The Freedom Amendment.

The amendment reads as follows:

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The sovereign state of Iowa recognizes this right to be a fundamental individual right. Any and all restrictions of this right shall be subject to strict scrutiny.”

Thanks to the work of the Iowa Firearms Coalition, we’ve come a long way in 2A rights in Iowa. We have them to thank for “shall issue” carry permits, constitutional carry, and stand your ground laws. I’m proud to say they’re leading the charge on this effort as well!

Passing the Iowa Freedom Amendment is the next step towards securing our liberties now and for future generations.

Please vote YES to Iowa Amendment 1 - The Freedom Amendment on November 8.

Very Best,

Pete Brownell
Chairman/CEO, Brownells

bobs409

Administrator

Fellow Iowan,

On November 8th, Iowans will get a chance to cement our Second Amendment rights in Iowa’s Constitution. It is hard to believe we are one of only six other states that do not have a “back up to the 2nd Amendment” written into their state’s Constitution. That’s right, 44 other states have taken the step to protect 2nd Amendment Rights in their state just in case our Federal Constitutional 2A rights are infringed or modified from the Founders’ original intent.

On November 8, Iowans will be asked to vote on amending the State of Iowa’s Constitution to include Iowa Amendment 1 – also known as The Freedom Amendment.

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The sovereign state of Iowa recognizes this right to be a fundamental individual right. Any and all restrictions of this right shall be subject to strict scrutiny.”

Thanks to the work of the Iowa Firearms Coalition, we’ve come a long way in 2A rights in Iowa. We have them to thank for “shall issue” carry permits, constitutional carry, and stand your ground laws. I’m proud to say they’re leading the charge on this effort as well!

Passing the Iowa Freedom Amendment is the next step towards securing our liberties now and for future generations.

Very Best,

Pete Brownell
Chairman/CEO, Brownells
So what way will you be voting Dave? :D

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15

Fellow Iowan,

Very Best,

Pete Brownell
Chairman/CEO, Brownells

This passed.

Now UPS and FEDX came up with new guidelines...no shipping of firearms. Not sure about shipping of related items. Gosh, who would ever put the pressure on them?

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Now you have to have a FFl to ship a firearm FedEx or UPS. One of the problems I see; If you bought a rifle, for instance, and it has to be returned to the manufacturer for a problem, you can't just box it up, put the return label on it and have FedEx or UPS pick it up and take it back. Just one more thing to take away our rights.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Yes, they changed their policy at their customer centers, but a local friend with a FFL still receives and sends firearms with FedEx.

I think this is going to be a costly mistake for these two Woke businesses to make! I would think when realization hits that they're losing large sums of money I think they might reverse this policy, UPS has visited here before and they did a reverse but I see they're back!

Mark