1960 Pontiac Ventura

blkss64

Well Known Member
Jon,
As Tommy mentioned, yes cast iron main case. I will just have my front shaft re-tubed and probably use a Hurst linkage. As I have mentioned before I was not planning on taking this car this far but as Tommy says " I just can't leave well enough alone". I also want to get back on the Buick and get that car finished up. I am just about the same place on it. Once its done I have plans for another project. Thanks for the complements.
Can you give us a sneek-peak on the next project? Is it a car you already have or is it one that you have always wanted to do? Just hoping you will spill the beans.;)

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice 4 speed stuff there Dan. Doesn't look anything like a Chevy.
Thanks Don, nope nothing like the Chevy stuff. Also got a real nice flywheel that has been resurfaced and ready to go. The flywheel is a real hard item to find.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I really like that color!!! Amazed how you can find all the rare piece's.............Very nice work!!!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Man........you do nice work!!!!
I really like that color!!! Amazed how you can find all the rare piece's.............Very nice work!!!
Not only, does he find the rare pieces, Don, he finds the rare cars. :appl
Thanks guys I was lucky enough to have some good friends that are horders. If you look at the pic of the steering column in the background I have a spare 4-speed column I picked up for a future project...:brow

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I know it's not, but it almost looks like Chevy, Ember Red, Dan.:appl
Skip, Not sure what Chevy Ember Red is, what year? Wouldn't supprise me if it was the same color. GM used the same colors for several years but had different names. But this is Pontiac Coronado Red and it is a metallic.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I had a 64 SS and it look's very close to the dash color and it was palomar red.Ember red is a bright red which 63 and 64 Chevy had also.Skip I think your 64 is ember red,have you checked paint code???

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Dan: Ember RED, was not Metallic. I wish it was.:clapI think, it was used in 63 also. Someone told me, it was also used on some Corvette's, with a different name. :dunnoDon: 922

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I bought a new 1963 Impala SS that was Ember Red. you are right, its not metalic but its a beautiful color

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Dan: Ember RED, was not Metallic. I wish it was.:clapI think, it was used in 63 also. Someone told me, it was also used on some Corvette's, with a different name. :dunnoDon: 922
922 is ember red. Go to home page in paint code's section tell' all color number's