It's what's for supper

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
When I was a kid, there was an Italian man, a few blocks away, that raised Chickens, in his yard.:clap We watched him, cut the head off, one day. :eek3Never seen that before. :teeheeThe chicken ran around for 30 seconds, or so, with blood squirting out, before he realized he was dead, and fell down.:doh

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When I was a kid, there was an Italian man, a few blocks away, that raised Chickens, in his yard.:clap We watched him, cut the head off, one day. :eek3Never seen that before. :teeheeThe chicken ran around for 30 seconds, or so, with blood squirting out, before he realized he was dead, and fell down.:doh
I was in the fourth or fifth grade when my mom decided to marry ( I will just say some guy ) He would go down and buy baby chicks for .25 cents. As soon as they got a reasonable size he would say go out and get us a chicken for dinner. That meant you go out kill it, pluck and clean and bring it in. We lived in the city and was probably the only people who had chickens.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I was in the fourth or fifth grade when my mom decided to marry ( I will just say some guy ) He would go down and buy baby chicks for .25 cents. As soon as they got a reasonable size he would say go out and get us a chicken for dinner. That meant you go out kill it, pluck and clean and bring it in. We lived in the city and was probably the only people who had chickens.
When I was a kid, maybe 4 or 5, my Father brought home 5 baby chicks for Easter.:clap I was playing with them, on the floor, having a great time. They were chirping away.:good All of a sudden Brownie, our cat runs out, from behind the stove, and snatches one, and runs into my Mother's bedroom.:eek1 It happened so fast, we were slow to react. My Father ran into the bedroom, but it was too late for Chick-a-dy. The cat killed it. In the meantime, Mom gathered up the remaining 4, and put them back in the box. The next day, Dad brought them back to Chuckrow's.:cry1

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When I was a kid, maybe 4 or 5, my Father brought home 5 baby chicks for Easter.:clap I was playing with them, on the floor, having a great time. They were chirping away.:good All of a sudden Brownie, our cat runs out, from behind the stove, and snatches one, and runs into my Mother's bedroom.:eek1 It happened so fast, we were slow to react. My Father ran into the bedroom, but it was too late for Chick-a-dy. The cat killed it. In the meantime, Mom gathered up the remaining 4, and put them back in the box. The next day, Dad brought them back to Chuckrow's.:cry1
While we are telling food stories :D I think I was 12. We went camping up in the hills on some friends property. There was a pretty large size pond so about 5 of us took out an aluminum row boat. Just before we pushed off, I had found a baby frog by the shore. So we are out in the pond and I am putting this baby frog in and out of the water watching it swim. I drop it in again, and :dunno2.... and that's when I learned out live bait and Bass :facepalm

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am usually open to new things, and cannot say I wouldn't, but I can't say I would either at this time. I bet they are a pain in the azz to clean though:wacko
Clean heck, just eat them whole. Skewer about 5 on a toothpick and put on the grill, remind me a little of Spanish peanuts. The ones out of the freezer I pull some of the wings off as they are somewhat crunchy. If you missed out this year, your going to have to wait a while! Other countries eat bugs & grasshoppers.
Jeff

Reactions: 327