It's what's for supper

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I boil the noodles then make my cheese sauce and mix them together. I also added some precooked pork sausage and topped with some crushed cheese it crackers then give it a couple hours of smoke.
I like the sausage & Cheez It cracker idea. I will give this a try over the fire at camp.
Jeff

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 16
It makes it a main course meal if you like. I found some Kingford's brand sausage links that looked good and gave it a try. They were pretty tasty.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It makes it a main course meal if you like. I found some Kingford's brand sausage links that looked good and gave it a try. They were pretty tasty.
Definitely get the main course idea, but we always felt like screw it. If we want cereal for dinner that would be the main course :D My wife has been on vacation for the last 2 weeks ( she is in the hospital and will be for at least 3 weeks more, we just call it a vacation :D ) So my cooking sometimes goes off the deep end. Tonight it's Cornish hens, but the other night when I was being lazy and just grabbed stuff, it was cheddar cheese, peperoncinins, black forest ham in scrambled eggs with Taco Bell mild sauce dribbled on them :dunno I tell her not to leave me alone. I cook much better for her than myself.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 16
I struggle with side dishes. My mind gets focused on the main dish and generally drop the ball for a side. If you noticed I had 2 baking potato's going in there also.

Reactions: 327

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I struggle with side dishes. My mind gets focused on the main dish and generally drop the ball for a side. If you noticed I had 2 baking potato's going in there also.
I struggle with sauces. I really need to learn more about sauces, and spices for that matter. All meat and fish are the same, and are basically cooked or smoked the same. While smoking adds a different dimension, basic frying, broiling, saute, blanch, etc etc, doesn't change things too much. It's all about the spices and sauces in my limited cooking experience. The flavoring of the spices and sauces it what makes a good thing great.