1961 Biscayne project in Fargo ND

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Brian,
When Jim had a similar problem with those heads in the Ol' Reliable car he moved to Pat Musi's shop. Pat's felt the short seats wouldn't stay in the heads and he replaced them with long ones. Never had another head problem after Musi started doing the engines.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Brian,
When Jim had a similar problem with those heads in the Ol' Reliable car he moved to Pat Musi's shop. Pat's felt the short seats wouldn't stay in the heads and he replaced them with long ones. Never had another head problem after Musi started doing the engines.

That's a good point Dick. Hope Brian sees this.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan, I'm afraid my attempt at sarcasm failed. To be clear, I consider Brian to be a close personal friend,,, the Waldens? not so much. Having said that, I am surprised that Walden did not make some , at least minimal compensation. Maybe Rob will reappear here and clearify. After all, Rob said they build 75+ 409s per year,,, maybe he is just busy. His last post here was in May. If you re-visit old thread, I did apologize and Rob made a few posts afterwards so I don't think it is all my fault he has not visited here lately. We all know what those heads cost and the heads are useless without the intake manifold , so , the total cost is quite large. A company's integrity is directly tied to customer satisfaction. I will be shocked if Walden doesn't make Brian's problem right.

Ha ha. Yeah, the sarcasm went over my head. The other people I have talked to never got any satisfaction..........just attitude. Ronnie, if you are the reason they have not posted here then I think you deserve a hearty handshake and a pat on the back! I have come to the point where I have zero patience for people who do poor work and then not only won't stand behind the work or product but treat everyone like they are the a-hole. We all work hard for our money and expend a lot of time and energy to do this stuff. Its not a joke. I hope the Walden's see this thread and make things right.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It's very likely they have seen this thread and/or are watching it. They have listed in this forum in the past after all

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not only people in the USA are watching this outcome :rub. Hope it all gets sorted Brian. You just don't need this crap.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Well.in my opinion,IF that's the way they treat customers,that's one vender I'll never use!:dealI know that performance ,and especially race stuff ,typicly dosent have a warrenty,but at the price of these parts,and given the fact that this type of failure has in the past occured ,this should be taken care of ,and future parts updated.:doh

No409

Supporting Member 1
I agree with the warranty aspect of parts on a race motor, so I can see if they didn't want to warranty them if it came apart at 7K+, but on a initial break in? Obvously there was a problem. I deal with the same crap at my shop, I stand behind everything, but I buy the best parts. If I have a failure, its parts, and I take care of it for the customer. I usually can get the parts warrantied, but not my time. which by me, is fine. if a customer leaves happy, that's all that matters. word of mouth is the best advertisement, that's why I don't advertise.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tom, How sweet it would be if all businesses subscribed to your business model. Plain and simple honesty . A fair deal, that's what we as consumers appreciate. Just a fair deal. I bet you sleep well at night. Kudos to you.:clap

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I couldn't agree more Ronnie, Tom has it figured out. Things happen. Gotta stand behind your work and your parts if thats what you sell. Something fails, do your best to make it right. I work in a service industry and customers are very demanding. Expect the best for little money nowadays. But we ALWAYS go above and beyond for them regardless. Cuz you know what....that customer that spent $2,000 today might spend $10,000 tomorrow.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
This is what's left of my 1st race engine in 1974. $5,000.oo worth of CRAP !!! Engine builder said "THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NO GARANTEE ON RACE MOTORS. This one didn't even last the BURNOUT !!! LESSON LEARNED !! Brian , I hope you get satisfaction . THAT SUCKS.:bat
:crazy:dance:cheers
113  whats left of the race motor.jpg

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Even if they would take care of this problem, its too late to stop the bad publicity now. Far too many have read this thread to undo the damage they have created for themselves. I for one wouldn't darken their door now !!!! :(
Ken

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you look at the quality of what Brian is building and you see what he has done in the past, the way he is as a person on this site, you know his word has some respect.

I had a fight with a car dealer once over about $400 in warranty work. I told them that after buying 3 of their cars, and having 11 people I knew buy cars from them on my recommendation, they should cover the $400 and think of it as a cost of advertising. I told them they could easily make that money back from selling me my next car, or not. For $400 they could get good advertising or bad advertising. They chose not to spend the $400 and have had plenty of free advertising from me since. I have also bought 15 vehicles since then and never set foot on their lot.

The advertising they will get from not standing behind this failure is priceless.

Don

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If you look at the quality of what Brian is building and you see what he has done in the past, the way he is as a person on this site, you know his word has some respect..............................................
The advertising they will get from not standing behind this failure is priceless. Don
You have got that right!!

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
When you spend 12k on a new set of heads&intake failure is not an option!!
The Walden’s will not stand by there work!:bat So buyers beware.:deal

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Well ,for me,when it comes to 348-409 stuff,Lamar Walden is not an option!If they cant be trusted to do the big ticket items correctly,how good is thier other stuff?:deal

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
WOW this is just crazy. Let this be a HUGE warning to all of you considering purchasing some of their products. This is really a shame.