1961 Biscayne project in Fargo ND

Jim409_Pontiac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It blows me away that he would not at least ask you to send him the head and repair it and replace the one seat.
"Brian, did he give you a reason for not helping with the problem. BT "

I would also like to know his reason for not doing anything. :dunno He has to know this is not good for business.:doh

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
It blows me away that he would not at least ask you to send him the head and repair it and replace the one seat.
"Brian, did he give you a reason for not helping with the problem. BT "

I would also like to know his reason for not doing anything. :dunno He has to know this is not good for business.:doh
Lamar said that since I bought the heads through Jack he was not responsible. All though
Lamar did say that this happens with the valve seats.:eek I guess with his work it does! I also would not send these heads back to them for repair,:no let alone a go kart motor! I am having all the seats replaced in the heads. My shop said that there were a few other seats that were not put in properly.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Its still his product though? Is he suggesting Jack could have tampered with the heads? What does it matter? They were brand new were they not? Just a side step to avoid fixing/replacing them. You are doing the right thing, unfortunately on your dime

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Lamar said that since I bought the heads through Jack he was not responsible. All though
Lamar did say that this happens with the valve seats.:eek I guess with his work it does! I also would not send these heads back to them for repair,:no let alone a go kart motor! I am having all the seats replaced in the heads. My shop said that there were a few other seats that were not put in properly.
He wouldn't take responsibility even if you went to his house and bought them direct and face to face. So he admits there is an ongoing problem and still sells them and still will do nothing about them? Did they have a tag attached that said: WARNING! USE OF THESE HEADS WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF VALVE SEATS. I sincerely hope he will not be invited to next years convention.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
He wouldn't take responsibility even if you went to his house and bought them direct and face to face. So he admits there is an ongoing problem and still sells them and still will do nothing about them? Did they have a tag attached that said: WARNING! USE OF THESE HEADS WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF VALVE SEATS. I sincerely hope he will not be invited to next years convention.
Invited or not, it may not be wise of him to show up. I know if I'd spent 12 big ones on a pair of heads only to have this happen.....and then get zero help.....I'd be looking to take it out of someone's hide!!! (And yes, I'm the one who said let's give the man a chance and see if he takes care of this before we trash talk him.)

Jim409_Pontiac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

Unbelievable! With that reasoning I guess since he sells all these different company parts he should pay for all their warranty claims when he sells them.

Products

We sell only the best performance products!
product_logos.jpg

• COMP CAMS
  • FAST FUEL INJECTION
  • ZEX NITROUS SYSTEMS
  • NOS
  • PROCHARGER SUPERCHARGERS
  • DYNATECH HEADERS
  • SLP PERFORMANCE
  • CHILDS AND ALBERT
  • CALLIES
  • LUNATI
  • OLIVER
  • DIAMOND PISTONS
  • MSD IGNITION
  • HOLLEY
  • McLEOD CLUTCHES
  • WORLD PRODUCTS
  • MANLEY PERFORMANCE
  • KB PISTONS
  • POWERBOND BALANCERS AND PULLEYS
  • EAGLE
  • EDELBROCK
  • BRODIX
  • PFADT RACING
I am very disappointed and would have expected more.

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Very sorry to hear this Brian. Sadly he admitted there's a problem but won't stand behind his product (unbelievable). He'll pay for it in the long run. Make up a big sign to post at the convention.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Maybe he's in financial trouble and can't afford to pay for his mistake(s)?

There's an old sayin around here "you grew it, you chew it".

Don

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Very sorry to hear this Brian. Sadly he admitted there's a problem but won't stand behind his product (unbelievable). He'll pay for it in the long run. Make up a big sign to post at the convention.
I think the sign idea is a great one. Include pictures of the damage and a brief summary too.

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
If you have integrity and you do the best you can and you don't SCREW people. When times are good, you'll do good. When times are bad, you'll still do good.

Just something I've tried to live by, not perfect by any means.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What a shame. I wonder what Rich Rojeski would say about this. Looks like Bob Walla is going to sell a lot more heads.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Unbelievable! With that reasoning I guess since he sells all these different company parts he should pay for all their warranty claims when he sells them.

Products

We sell only the best performance products!
product_logos.jpg

• COMP CAMS
  • FAST FUEL INJECTION
  • ZEX NITROUS SYSTEMS
  • NOS
  • PROCHARGER SUPERCHARGERS
  • DYNATECH HEADERS
  • SLP PERFORMANCE
  • CHILDS AND ALBERT
  • CALLIES
  • LUNATI
  • OLIVER
  • DIAMOND PISTONS
  • MSD IGNITION
  • HOLLEY
  • McLEOD CLUTCHES
  • WORLD PRODUCTS
  • MANLEY PERFORMANCE
  • KB PISTONS
  • POWERBOND BALANCERS AND PULLEYS
  • EAGLE
  • EDELBROCK
  • BRODIX
  • PFADT RACING
I am very disappointed and would have expected more.

I do not see any of Lamar’s products on this list

Jim409_Pontiac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I do not see any of Lamar’s products on this list

Brian, what I was getting at is that it seems like he is saying that since Jack was the seller that he should pay the warranty. That is just nuts. Walden built them, he should cover the warranty. It is just bad business. That parts list is off of Walden's web site as parts he sells.

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Brian, what I was getting at is that it seems like he is saying that since Jack was the seller that he should pay the warranty. That is just nuts. Walden built them, he should cover the warranty. It is just bad business. That parts list is off of Walden's web site as parts he sells.

Have you contacted Jack Gibbs and ask him to contact Walden for warranty, he obviously has more clout than someone who purchase from him one time? Also since he was the one who purchased the heads it seems he should handle the warranty and be aware of how they handle this problem.

Just my thought

Bill

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Have you contacted Jack Gibbs and ask him to contact Walden for warranty, he obviously has more clout than someone who purchase from him one time? Also since he was the one who purchased the heads it seems he should handle the warranty and be aware of how they handle this problem.

Just my thought

Bill

No need to bring Jack into this again Only a Walden problem!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
All of us here hate that it has turned into YOUR problem Brian. Hope you can get it back together soon. I think I would grind and all casting marks advertising for them from the heads if I were you. Shouldn't hurt their value since everyone knows they are the only people who make them. (Well I guess Rich makes them for LWA...but you know what I mean) I know I wouldn't want their name on anything on my car after that if I were you.

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Brian,
When Jim had a similar problem with those heads in the Ol' Reliable car he moved to Pat Musi's shop. Pat's felt the short seats wouldn't stay in the heads and he replaced them with long ones. Never had another head problem after Musi started doing the engines.
We were concerned about the seats we use and started with the 3/8 seat for more support. I'm sure a lot of short seats stay in place. They sell a lot of them. Could have not had enough press.