1961 Biscayne project in Fargo ND

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Brian, congrats for having the huevos to do it your way!!! We might all learn something from builds like yours and some of the others that try things that are maybe out of the norm, so keep it up!

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Looking good! :beer
I'm getting exited now. I think you've got all the bases covered. This thing should make terrific power and make all of us 409 guys proud! :beer

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sorry Phil. EWP = Electric Water Pump. I've always said I'd never paint a set of aluminum heads, but that does look beautiful in good ole Chevy Orange!!!!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's as good a reason as any. That vacuum pump is going to be good for freeing up some power and better ring seal.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That will still fit under a stock hood won't it? Think I remember seeing it under one.
I've always wondered why they don't eliminate some weight from the space between the runners on each side. It's not like it needs all that extra support.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Ok next week
index.php

Sweet!! :deal

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Cool!!
Did your stroker pistons/rods sell? I couldn't find the ad. Thought my block had already been bored .030", but it turns out it's standard. Not sure how much it will take to clean it up yet. Thinking about cutting my compression plans down from 13.5:1 to the 11.5:1 range and doing more double duty with the car instead of track only. Miss driving it.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Today we had a little set back due to the F ' in company down in Doraville GA that Machined the heads.:bat They don't know how to put in valve seats!! Thank god we had only run the motor for a few minutes before we knew something was wrong,

hot rod 081 (Small).jpghot rod 084 (Small).jpghot rod 086 (Small).jpg

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
ARRGH! :eek
The head doesn't look all that bad. It's good that it didn't come out at 8,000 rpm.
I'm almost afraid to ask, but does the cylinder look OK?