1961 Biscayne project in Fargo ND

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nothing wrong with needing a chute! That just means its gettin in done! Spend some money and have a chassis guy help dial in the suspension on that car. With this much power, you want to make sure it goes straight!

droptop62ss

Well Known Member
You guy's don't have to worry , all Brian's cars are top notch. Some of the best people in our area are contributing to this build .
From motor to the chassis can't wait to see it run !!!

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
ART.... pure art. Brian, did you order 10 so you could have a couple for display? Unique. Wow !! I will spend the rest of the afternoon looking at the pictures.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Those pistons look great! :clap Lots of compression, lots of squish and quench area and a nice compact combustion chamber area.
I think you're break the dyno with this engine. :deal You're going to shock a lot of people with that car.
I'm already getting exited about next years convention. :beer

I don't know much about building engines at that level but I gather that the aluminum rods are the smart way to go for the rpm's you'll be turning.

droptop62ss

Well Known Member
Ronnie you sure got that right ! It would have been neat to see those being cut !
Brian that car is going to be something else .

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
When you said the pistons were going to push the limit of how much compression and valve lift you could get in a 409, you weren't kidding!!! Looking forward to seeing more and more of this build. I think I remember you saying that it should speed up once the pistons got in.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Brian, that is one unique combination :). Can't wait to learn how well it performs!

(Makes my last project look like a turd :)!).

Best wishes for a quality build and a smooth break in!

TomK

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Everyone is right. It seems like you never know how one of these engines will respond to certain parts and changes. Be interesting to see it run. 30 years ago if someone got one of these things in the low 12's was doing good. Many strides have been taken by doing just what you are doing. Keep up the good work.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I forgot....what did the displacement end up at?
(Wanting to know so I can make a prediction!!)

In fact.......we need a "Let's guess the HP / TQ numbers for Brian's new race engine" thread. Then everyone can make a guess and we can see who get's the closest. Doubt it will be me since I have zero "W" experience other than what I read.....not to mention the wildcard the Z11 heads adds to the equation.....but I bet it would still be fun.