1960 Pontiac Ventura

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You're unbelievable Dan.........the speed and the quality....amazing!!!
Thanks Keith, I've been a little slow the last couple of days. I have a bad left flipper, slipped and fell walking the dog Monday morning, folded my left leg up under me and messed up my knee so I've been hobbling around for the last couple of days. Had to dig out my old cane but I think tomorrow the cane will go back into storage...:D

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks Keith, I've been a little slow the last couple of days. I have a bad left flipper, slipped and fell walking the dog Monday morning, folded my left leg up under me and messed up my knee so I've been hobbling around for the last couple of days. Had to dig out my old cane but I think tomorrow the cane will go back into storage...:D

Sure hope that leg heals up.........better watch that footing, I'll bet the dogs counting on ya.........

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks I should be back to my norm in another week or so meanwhile the dog gets walked with the golf cart. He likes that better anyway he can race the cart...:burnout
You ought to get a bicycle with a motor on it!!!!! Instead of that cart,,,,,,,!:D:poke

Last edited:

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
You are very lucky . I stepped of a 8' ledge and broke my leg and shattered my left forearm and shattered my pelvis.. After 3 months I am just getting to my cane.
Pulled it out of retirement after my broken hip 3 years ago.
"WALK SOFTLY BUT CARRY A BIG STICK.:cool:
:crazy:cheers

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You are very lucky . I stepped of a 8' ledge and broke my leg and shattered my left forearm and shattered my pelvis.. After 3 months I am just getting to my cane.
Pulled it out of retirement after my broken hip 3 years ago.
"WALK SOFTLY BUT CARRY A BIG STICK.:cool:
:crazy:cheers
Yeah Butch I hear ya, I have had my share of convalescent time...:overheat

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I wanted to give a big thanks to Don (DonSSDD) for finding my fan shroud and 6-blade fan that lead to some other hard to find parts, under dash Courtesy and ashtray lights. The package showed up today.
These parts are extremely hard to find the fan shroud in particular. I have had Pontiac guys that sell parts that have been doing it for 40 years tell me that in that time they have never seen one. It is indeed a Very Merry Christmas.
Thanks Don
Here is the message I received from Don on Nov. 27
Dan, there is a guy parting out a 59 Bonneville 389 in Canada, I emailed him, he says it has a fan shroud, he wants $75 for it. He said he would email me pics in a day or 2. You might want to call him, tell him your friend Don had emailed him. His number is on the kijiji ad, the email I get just has his kijiji link.

His email said :
Hi Don,
It does have a fan shroud - not sure if it's the same as a 60's model, but I suspect 59 - 62 share the same parts. Picture to follow in the next day or so. I'd be looking for $75. Charlie

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...959-pontiac-bonneville/1117728340#MapLightbox

I looked at some for sale on ebay, the 59 looks like the one from the 60 that Tommy posted.

If you buy it, get it shipped Fedex, do not use UPS for cross border, they charge big fees.

Good luck.
Don

20151224_103609.jpg 20151224_103701.jpg 20151224_103622.jpg 20151224_103541.jpg

Last edited:

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan, glad this was what you were looking for. In Canada a 59 Pontiac is rare, let alone that one which is the American version. You were definitely in the right place at the right time and glad it worked out. The shroud and fan look real solid, didn't realize they were that rare.

Certainly going on a beautiful car too.:love:love:bow:bow
Don

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not sure if Jason (yellow wagon) and I would agree with my recommendation of Fedex now.:grumble:grumble:bat

blkss64

Well Known Member
Hi Dan,
It is nice to see that you are able to get all the parts that you need. I have a question though. You have the correct fan shroud with mounting hardware, and a 5 blade fan with spacer and a 6 blade fan and spacer. Is the 6 blade fan for A/C equipped cars only? It looks like the 5 blade spacer looks aftermarket or at least newer than a 1960 era part. Which set-up is correct for your build? I do not know Pontiac stuff all that well.