West Coast Shout Out is ON

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
West Coast Shoot Out Hats...........

I don't want to make this into a big deal as far as design or color goes, but if there's enough interest I'll look into getting some hats made for us. I have found a place in Bellingham WA that will do them and I can pick them up in the U.S. meaning I don't have to worry about getting them across the border. Cost will be about $20 - $25 per hat.

If you want a hat let me know and I'll get a list going.

Dave

Hat List

1 - Petepedlar
2 - Boxerdog
3 - Tripower
4 -
5 -

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
It's sounding great !!!!! Good Job Paul.............. but "who's this Phil guy ???" :rub

Dave

Remember the Devil or Angel post?????????????

I hope Will can make it down from Canada too!!!! Last time I saw Will was at the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield about 3-4 years ago. As Bob Barker used to say..................."Will Zoric.............come on down"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roll:dance:clap:pray

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Phil, do you know how to get a hold of Will ??? I don't know if he even knows about the shoot out.

Dave

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
I contacted Will a couple of months ago and he said it would be hard for him to attend but he will keep it in mind. I will send him another email and try and pry him out of Canada. I checked the race league schedule he participates in and that weekend was clear.

Bill (nuts) was checking into hats.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bill (nuts) was checking into hats.

That's cool......... because of the border it's probably easier for Bill to do it than it is for me.......... Bill will be watching this post and he can let us know.

Dave

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We will have a parking area for everyone in the pit area. I plan on arriving around noon Friday the 26th. I think our car count is 22, if everyone can make it. And Phil and Candy will be there too. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and doing some good ole' racing.

Paul
We are leaving on Thursday morning and will probably show up about the same time as you Paul. I would be interested in a hat and a T-shirt.....:deal

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
View attachment 16630View attachment 16631
Was in Eureka this weekend, checked out where the strip is , fuel prices and restaurants , pretty much any kind of food, nice town, easy to get around and about 5 mi. from strip, as you can see fuel is at higher end but hopefully less by august! The strip was not open on fri and sun so I didn't get a chance to check it out, but it's right next to the ocean so it should be very cool!!! Pat

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Our route to Eureka from Portland was I5 to Grants Pass to Cresent City then south on 101. :clap On the way home we tried 299 from just north of Eureka to Redding at I5 then to Portland! not a good choice! was about 100 miles further and about two and a half hrs. longer. Pat:grumble

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
On the way home we tried 299 from just north of Eureka to Redding at I5 then to Portland! not a good choice! was about 100 miles further and about two and a half hrs. longer. Pat:grumble

That's what we like for the bikes!!! We'll probably do that when we leave and head north.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Phil if you are not worried about the extra miles, that route would be a great ride on the bikes, lots of great senery, winding roads and not much traffic!:clap

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Dave,

I was looking into hats, something like what Mike had at Thompson last year ? I have not checked on a price as of yet been more worried about this trip to OH.. I don't want to cut you off mid stream, but can work them more when I get back ? Just let me know...

Bill

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was looking into hats, something like what Mike had at Thompson last year ? I have not checked on a price as of yet been more worried about this trip to OH.. I don't want to cut you off mid stream, but can work them more when I get back ? Just let me know...

As I said Bill, it would be easier for you to do it than me because of the border.......... all I did was check online and found a place in Bellingham WA that does hats......... they all seem to be between about $18 and $25.
When you get back from Thompson would be fine, there's lots of time.

Dave

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Thanks Dave. I was about to do the same thing. I am getting anxious for this especially after all the great photos and commentary from the Ohio Shoot Out.

As a side note I'm going to Woodburn tomarrow to break-in a new clutch package I got from Tim Hyatt. I'm hoping for great results.

Paul

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The Big Dog ....... My nephew has decided, because his Dad & two uncles are going to Eureka to race he's not staying home........... he's coming......... he's booked the time off work and he says that as long as he doesn't break his car between now & then he's coming to race.......... in the 8.5 second class. Paul I'm sure we can get this bad boy parked with the 409 cars ????

These pictures are a couple of years old........ the car has been tubbed since these were taken.

Dave
IMG_0180.jpg

Calgary08Streetcarwinner.jpg

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
WOW!! That blowers so big it makes that Nova look like a Datsun with a V8. Bring him on down and see what that car will run at sea level.:D
I heard from Will this weekend and due to a death in the family and some other personnal business he won't be able to attend this year but he wants to be there next year. He will be looking forward to pictures and stories from this years event.

Paul

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Wow. I thought I had made a post but can't find it. Had soooo much fun at Thompson have to attend more of these. Plan on going to Iowa (2 day trip) & hopefully recover to make it to CA (also about 2 days). So count me in, I plan to race as long as the cars holds together. Count me in for either hats or shirt. Any updates on lodging? Thanks. Joel