West Coast Shout Out is ON

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
And Phil,,, I sure won't let her that the BEST wineries are up near my house in Portland!! That woulkd take up a few days outa the way!!

Most of them you will find sleeping on the sidewalks downtown......:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll

Old School

Supporting Member 1
Wow! :cool::cool: Just found this thread. You can count me in.. That's only a 4 to 5 hour drive for me..
Looking forward to seeing you guys...

Mick

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Dave and Dan, I will talk to Dan about setting aside an area for us. He has told me that it's first come first serve, but he did say he would do anything for us. I will ask him and his club maybe being the impartial judge for us. Is that ok with everyone?

Glad to have you on board Mick. We are going to have a great time.

Paul

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Paul,

I don't think we need to have a judge for show cars. We don't judge them at Thompson, just park them for everyone to enjoy, but we could go either way ? The cars will draw a crowd by themselves. I plan to show and race, depending on how things go. Only race for the fun and challenge, don't push too hard, because I can't afford to break something 800 miles from home !

Looks like we are getting a good crowd and it should be a great time !!! :cheers:cool:

Bill

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave and Dan, I will talk to Dan about setting aside an area for us. He has told me that it's first come first serve, but he did say he would do anything for us. I will ask him and his club maybe being the impartial judge for us. Is that ok with everyone?

Glad to have you on board Mick. We are going to have a great time.

Paul

Paul, You misunderstood my post. I was giving you a hard time.... Are we having a shoot out or a shout out....:? Look at the title to this thread and then you will understand....:deal

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Paul.................just a suggestion............NIX the judges. It just makes for hard feelings and normally nothing very positive comes from this. Especially if DQ doesn't win People's Choice and Candy doesn't win Best Ridden!!!!:roll:roll:roll We have too much fun to screw it all up with a "contest".
JMO

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I would like to see all our cars together..... it makes it a lot easier to BS with each other if you don't have to walk to the other side of the pits. We can share a BBQ easier or whatever. More people will come to look. If we have to maybe some could get there a day early to help save spaces. That worked at Thompson, although the track did let Ray keep quite an area for us.
Do what you can Paul. :bow:clap

NIX the judges

I agree totally......... It's fun event, we all know cars and will have our own favorite, it doesn't matter who gets the trophy someone will be upset :argue: and will not come back next year.:cry:bang:cry

and Candy doesn't win Best Ridden!!!!

Phil.......... be very very careful, we may need a trophy for best beaten.
:roll:roll:roll:roll
but then again it could be the hit of the show.

Dave

409 Chevy Performance

Well Known Member
west coast shoot out

You can also count me in also and others from 409 Chevy Performance will attend the event. Raced at the samoa track many times in the past.

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Ok, no judges. Dave had me confussed because I had never heard mention of any judging at Thompson. turned out he was commenting on my spelling ability.:doh Good one Dave. :cheers

I'm glad to hear from the Willows group. :clap How many cars do you anticipate be in Eureka? I want to keep Dan (Samoa Dragstrip Prez) updated on our group. I will be calling him in a couple of weeks to give him the update.

Paul

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
WOW !! This could turn into a west coast event big time !!:pray

Those darn easterners have had all the fun until now!! Good job G-Man :cheers:clap

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:) Well this easterner hopes that you all have a great time and can build on it for the future:deal:D

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
:) Well this easterner hopes that you all have a great time and can build on it for the future:deal:D

I'm with Don, hope you all have a ball, I know you will. I'm just trying to figure how I could make this event with you guys. :? The economy is beating me down on it though. :takethat

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ok, no judges. Dave had me confussed because I had never heard mention of any judging at Thompson. turned out he was commenting on my spelling ability.:doh Good one Dave. :cheers

I'm glad to hear from the Willows group. :clap How many cars do you anticipate be in Eureka? I want to keep Dan (Samoa Dragstrip Prez) updated on our group. I will be calling him in a couple of weeks to give him the update.

Paul

Paul, The name is Dan......:roll:roll:roll.....:deal

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Ok, I want to put a call out to another great racer with a fantastic '62 Bel Air to come to Eureka.

Will Zoric if you are out there, I hope you can come and join us for the West Coast 409 Shootout. I checked the Super Shifter series schedule and you are free that weekend.

You can email me at paul.carbaugh@yahoo.com

Paul

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm with Don, hope you all have a ball, I know you will. I'm just trying to figure how I could make this event with you guys. :? The economy is beating me down on it though. :takethat

Yeah,, Getting to an even on the other side of the county is tough ,, and expensive to say the least.
Having a gathering on each coast is a blessing so we can gather without going broke.
I hope to make the West Coast gathering if I can find some work or win the Lotto before then.
I would like to take my `62 but if all else fails I`ll ride down.

Hope this becomes a anual event then I might just make it with the car,,,

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
We will have a parking area for everyone in the pit area. I plan on arriving around noon Friday the 26th. I think our car count is 22, if everyone can make it. And Phil and Candy will be there too. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and doing some good ole' racing.

Paul