Clyde waldo

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I can't believe this news. Been gone for the last month and just read this. I met Clyde last September in Great Bend. He alway had a inovative way of doing things. I remember last year he was looking for old aspestious 409 header gaskets. I had several sets that had come with some parts I bought and sent them to him.
My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Phil and Candy and I represented the 348-409 Forum at the funeral of Clyde Waldo on Wednesday morning. I arrived just before the services, so I didn’t get the chance to meet the family personally. The weather was inclement making it difficult for anyone but family to attend the burial grounds after the ceremony. Phil and Candy were there for the Visitation on Tuesday and were able to meet Ellen and Ryan and others in the family.

The church was filled with friends, neighbors, and family, all people Clyde had an impact on over the course of his 76 full years. Some of you might remember that Clyde received his B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering in 1960 and worked in the aviation industry in St. Louis for over 30 years before retiring in the early 90s (mainly McDonnell Douglas, now Boeing). He and Ellen were married 25 years and he passed on that Anniversary day.

From my seat in the pew I could tell that Clyde had made a special connections with his children and grandchildren, and that his spark of inquiry and common sense have been passed down for generations to come :) :) :).

TomK

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
From my seat in the pew I could tell that Clyde had made a special connections with his children and grandchildren, and that his spark of inquiry and common sense have been passed down for generations to come :) :) :). TomK

What more could a man ask for in leaving this world? Thank you Tom, Phil, and Candy for representing "our side of the family".

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
WOW thats terrible, I got to meet Clyde and Ellen at Great Bend last september with a full tour of the T Bird, great people, RIP Mr Waldo :(

Ryan VanDillen

Thank you does not explain how we as a family, feel for the beautiful arrangement you all sent to represent you. Phil and candy im glad i could meet you and have you there. Tom, although we did not meet, I still knew you were there as you had said you would. I would like to meet you as well as everyone else on this forum at one of these big 348-409 meets!

I have seen so much and heard so much about the meets that I have to join in and be apart of your group. Clyde always told me that i would have to go up to one with him and Ellen.

Any ways once again thank you all for the support.

Ryan Ellen and the family