Clyde waldo

Ryan VanDillen

Thank you for all of the kind words. I have to admit im quite shocked by all of those that hes been friends with. That means alot to the family and we all thank you. Im proud to hear that he had made such an impact on everyone. He tought me many of those unique was to think and do things. Its amazing to hear of the wonderful group of people Ellen and Clyde meet through there hobby of cars. Ill let everyone know when i hear more

Thank you

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Ryan , your grandfather was indeed a very well liked person. I missed him at great bend ,but had a few conversation's with him on this site.Very sad when when we lose a member of this site shocking new's , as he once told me '' WE ARE ALL FRIEND'S HERE''.Sad day for sure .

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Thank you Ryan for letting us know, I sit here a little stunned, I met Clyde at Great Bend.

My deepest heartfelt sympathy goes out to Ellen and the entire family and friends of Clyde.

If you look at Clyde's threads, he was a very proud and knowledgeable man, be proud of him, keep him in your memory and may he rest in peace.

Respectfully

Graham Bilsborow

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
My son Scott and I first met Clyde and Ellen at Thompson in 2010. Two First Class people. Always enjoyable to talk with and have supper with. Loved to hear the stories of his hands on engineering to make what he needed for a project, especially the T-Bird. He sent me a DVD of pictures he took of Scott and I, and my '60 Chevy off and on the track. That DVD will always be cherished. May God Bless Ellen and you Ryan, with Prayers to all of your Family.

Lonnie

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
So Sorry to hear this news.............Thank you Ryan for letting us know, Prayers for you and the family, I met Clyde and his 409 Bird at Great Bend last year, him and his wife were every nice and happy to talk and show off thier Pride and Joy, he will be missed around here...........

wally72974

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I sold him my used cam and lifters that are in his 409. I talked with him on the phone a few times and shared a few emails back and forth. I even called him by accident once about a year after I sold him the cam. (I couldn't figure out the strange phone number I had saved in my phone with just Clyde but no last name so I called him to figure out who he was and why I had him saved in my phone) Clyde seemed to me to be a very good man. I always enjoyed talking to him and wish I could have met him in person.
My heartfelt condolences go out to you and all of your family. This is truly a sad day for all of us here as well.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I'm so sorry for you and your families loss,its obvious your grandfather had a lot friends here on the site, He will be sorely missed.Prayers go out for your family to cope with and help ease your pain during this difficult time

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Condolences to the Waldo family, Clyde's input to this site was very much respected, and will be missed. I met Clyde & Ellen at Thompson a few years ago, very nice couple. The 409 events just won't be same without them. Rest in peace Clyde.

Dave

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Linda and I are stunned !!! This is such sad news, our thoughts and prayers are with Ellen and your whole family. We met and visited with Clyde and Ellen at every gather and enjoyed them so much. His thoughts and insight will be missed from this site, he always had the answer and guidance needed ! I only wish we lived some closer so that we could attend the services and give Ellen a hug. She will need a lot of support as she moves forward without her life long partner and friend. Clyde, you will be missed my friend, rest in peace !

Thoughts and prayers
Bill and Linda

Dr Richard Kimble

Well Known Member
Thank YOU for the announcement . I'm officially fairly new to this forum , but had seen your grandfather's posts many times . Wish I could have met him . . as mentioned , he was a true gentleman .
btw , I see that he was born on the very same day that my mother was .