58mark checking in

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Drive

Excellent!!!! I know that you are now feeling much better about the project. I know that Dad is smiling too. Good job!!

Lonnie

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great Job Mark:cool::cool::clap:cheers, keep the posts coming. Gives me inspiration. Now if I could get some time home along with the inspiration maybe I can get something done on mine. Let me know if the front clip assembly pictures help you.

:crazy

58mark

Well Known Member
yep! I still have them saved. After we get the windows and doors taken care of, that's probably the next step

I did work on the windows yesterday... it's not much, but I love the fluid mechanism of these windows, it's so complicated for the time, but graceful

click on the image for a video

58mark

Well Known Member
got one door on...I've heard it was going to be a tricky job, it was. I worked on this thing for at least three hours right until I got the technique down. Hopefully the second one will go faster

P1030463.jpg

P1030465.jpg

P1030466.jpg

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Slow And steady is a good pace (or do it right the first time)

Mark I you have dad up and about helping. Looking good so keep up the good work. Are you putting the back window in soon and do you have help.

58mark

Well Known Member
we really don't ahve a timetable for that... I think we were planning on putting in the headliner first, but i'm not sure that's even that important.

He used to know somebody who could put it in, but I think we are planning on tackling it outrselves, unless we find somebody who knows what they are doing.. LOL

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey Mark, You should be very proud of your project so far. She's looking great !! :clap:clapDad looks to being OK also.:cheers You sure are doing a fantastic job. Keep up the good work and send lots of pics please.
:crazy:cheers

58mark

Well Known Member
wow, more than a year and half since my last post...

Car is still going slowly. Dad's health has deteriorated to the point that he doesn't get up and down out of chairs or even walk across a room without great difficulty. The other day I took him to get his hair cut, and somebody asked if he was my Grandfather. I'm 43, he's 75, but he looks in many ways to be in his 90's. this Damn neuropothy has robbed him of years that he still should be pretty active

As for the car, I STILL have not gotten the doors where they should be. I just hate working on them, but the drivers side door still needs adjusting. We have the front fenders on, and have started to put the grill on, but we've run into electrical issues with the turn signals and the parking lights not working the way they should, so work has bogged down.

Still hope to get the car finished, we're too close to give up, but I can't do it without him, and he's not up to going outside very much, especially in the Texas Heat.

2012-05-10_16-49-53_489.jpg

2012-07-19_17-45-12_170.jpg

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Great job Mark, Little steps are all that is needed.
The issue with the turn signals?? can you explain the issue at all? someone may be able to help

Steve

58mark

Well Known Member
got the wiring harness in place and attached it to the parking lights.

Left side parking lights.. burn fine
right side.... don't burn at all with the parking lights on

Left side turn signals: flash, but one if bright and one is dim
Right side turn signals: Flash, but both dim

On the dash, when the turn signal level is in the middle, BOTH the left and the right green arrows light up.

I hate wiring issues. Is it possible that any of this is caused because my dad rebuilt the harness to have all 4 parking lights burning?

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Mark, what I know about electric, you could put in a gnats ear, but be sure ALL grounds are good, clean, and tight, engine, body, and wiring.

Lonnie

58mark

Well Known Member
Friday I'm going over there earlier so it's not so hot outside, and we're going to tackle it with a ohm meter and we'll also check all the grounds.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
This may be a dumb question Mark,but are you using double filament bulbs ? The turn signals must be wired to the brighter side of the bulbs,and the parking lights to the dimmer side of the bulb in order to do what you want to accomplish,.I kinda sounds like you've got a single contact bulb or two inthere bridging the contact between the two socket terminals?:dunno

58mark

Well Known Member
yes we are. Can't remember the part number, but they are the ones with the offset nibs on the side. They only go in one way. I will certainly check all connection for continuity with the ohm meter, and also makes sure power is being sent to the right places. The strange thing is these sockets only go in a certain way, and the bulb can't be reversed, so it's hard to visualize what is wrong

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Mark that is a beautiful car !!!!
Your parking light bulbs can be either a 1157 or a 1034. Either one will work.
Your wiring issue doesn,t sound too complicated. I would check the parking light harness first. Sounds like maybe you have some wires crossed up front. I have also pinched a wire in the column before and that can absolutely drive ya nuts !!!:)
Good luck to you and your father.
Ken.............................................