58mark checking in

oldskydog

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That is one beautiful 58 Mark. I never really cared for the Cay Coral, but I think I've changed my mind, You guys really made it pop.:clap:cool:

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
spend as much time as possible with your dad. life is too short, and you have your wife
to lean on. remember when your father is gone he is gone. you do not want any regrets later in life. best of luck and nice work you guys are doing. jim

58mark

Well Known Member
spend as much time as possible with your dad. life is too short, and you have your wife
to lean on. remember when your father is gone he is gone. you do not want any regrets later in life. best of luck and nice work you guys are doing. jim

thanks... i'm having a bit of an inner conflict right now, weighing the balance of pushing him to get out and do something on the car (to keep his body and mind active) and just let him rest, relax and rehab.

I think in the long run, he'll be healthier if I can get him out in the building with the car, and it gets us nearer to the day when we can realize his dream, which is to take the car out on the road while he's still able to enjoy it

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
thanks... i'm having a bit of an inner conflict right now, weighing the balance of pushing him to get out and do something on the car (to keep his body and mind active) and just let him rest, relax and rehab.

I think in the long run, he'll be healthier if I can get him out in the building with the car, and it gets us nearer to the day when we can realize his dream, which is to take the car out on the road while he's still able to enjoy it

i agree, you do not want him to sit and not use his muscles. that puts a lot of strain on his heart in the long run. check with doctor, but i bet the doc will say take the risk and
get him moving. best of luck jim

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
That was GREAT!!! Oh how I know the feeling. After having the '57 down for about 9 years, the 348 installation was almost like that on the day we started her up with the 348.
Your Dad looks right at home behind that wheel. I remember my Dad remarking when I first built my '57 back in 1968 , "Why do you have to go that fast !" :nono1:Although he wasn't all that happy,he always supported me and seemed happy whenever I would bring home a track trophy.:clap

:crazy:cheers

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hip Hip Hooray

:clap:clap:clap Okay Mark, You and your Dad are on the move now. Great job guys and all the best for your Thanksgiving.:cheers

58mark

Well Known Member
thanks guys... indeed a breakthrough day. Not just having the engine start but seeing the tranny still works, at least in first gear

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
58 Mark

CONGRATULATIONS!! I know your Dad is happy, and you are as proud as a Peacock with all you have been through to see the Chevy fire up for the first time. Good Luck to you both, and keep plugging away, it will all come together!!

Lonnie

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Way to go Mark!! I know just how you feel right now. That tape was almost identical to our 57's maiden voyage out of the garage and around the yard. The cops on my street are very abundant so I couldn't go there.( Maybe that's a good thing). I have 1 1/4 acres to drive around . Just enough to get the feel of the car.
Again, CONGRATULATIONS !!! WELL DONE.
:crazy:cheers

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Alright!!! Now that video is worth a thousand words!!!! Congradulations is due,JOB WELL DONE!!!! John

:clap :clap :cheers :clap :clap

58mark

Well Known Member
Thanks guys! Even though we're more or less done with the engine specific part of the project, I hope you don't mind if I drop in and post something when we have more updates...

The next thing we're going to try to do is hang the doors and put the side windows in, then install the front clip.

Time to get organized for the next phase...

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Good job Mark

Take it from me keep those post coming because some of us are in between projects and and still have the desire to see progress and talk about them even if it is yours keep em coming/:clap

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I'm with Derry, Mark! You're part of the family. Don't stop posting just because you're done with the engine build. Keep us up to date on what's happening!