1961 Biscayne project in Fargo ND

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian, That car is going to be gorgeous...:browWhat products are you using for the Epoxy Primer, High Build Primer and, Paint?

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Brian, That car is going to be gorgeous...:browWhat products are you using for the Epoxy Primer, High Build Primer and, Paint?
Thanks,
It’s just a race car
I use U-Tech 470 epoxy primer, Mar-Hyde K2 Ultimate high build primer, U-Tech 460 Red urethane sealer and PPG Concept DCC Acrylic urethane paint

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
With a plain jane exterior like that Brian have you given any thought to lettering the car? Find a guy near you that could paint a name etc on the car? Would sure look good!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
With a plain jane exterior like that Brian have you given any thought to lettering the car? Find a guy near you that could paint a name etc on the car? Would sure look good!

Yeah.............kinda like what Dick MacKenzie did on his front fenders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:brow:clap:clap

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The weight of the extra paint lettering the car will just slow you down.;) My thin faded old barn find paint is gotta be worth a 1/10.:crazy

Quik9r

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
From a Barn find to a Barn Stormer...:deal Hey that might look pretty darn good on the side...:brow

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Brian, that is gonna be real purty for sure. :bow Kevin, Three Canadians and the right song on the radio is worth 2/10s :cheers

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Brian, that is gonna be real purty for sure. :bow Kevin, Three Canadians and the right song on the radio is worth 2/10s :cheers

Barry, you got that right, a little extra courage in the tank never hurt, especially the high test canadian

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The body is back on the frame all wet sanded and buffed How about North Wind like the red 62 Belair North Wind :rub

mopar 293 (Small).jpgmopar 295 (Small).jpgmopar 296 (Small).jpg

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Back in the day, wasn't "Thumper" a '61?? This could be "Thumper II". Just a thought. :dunno I believe Thumper was also white.

Lonnie

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Barn Stormer is a great name! Some others I have always liked:

Grim Reaper
The Hustler
Iron Maiden

A buddy of mine's 2 year old son named his car for him....he called his dad's car "GO GO Cheby" so thats what he lettered it! Pretty cool

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Back in the day, wasn't "Thumper" a '61?? This could be "Thumper II". Just a thought. :dunno I believe Thumper was also white.

Lonnie

Don't know if we're thinking about the same car or not Lonnie. This one ran on the east coast back in the early sixties. Saw it often at Cecil County.

SSThumper-vi.jpg

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Don't know if we're thinking about the same car or not Lonnie. This one ran on the east coast back in the early sixties. Saw it often at Cecil County.

SSThumper-vi.jpg
Could be Dick, but the one that I remember I believe was a two-door sedan, had a large rabbit (I think) with the illusion of patting one large foot and the word "Thumper" painted arched across his body, on the doors. The one I am thinking of could have been a knock off of this one. The one I saw was in a magazine article years ago. Or maybe they re-lettered this hardtop?? Anyway I thought it was a neat name. Thanks for the picture. I take it that you weathered the storm ok??

Thanks,

Lonnie