West Coast Shout Out is ON

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Nice hats!:beer
The West Coast Shoot Out is looking like it's going to be a really good event. I hope it gains momentum and becomes a yearly or bi-yearly event. In a few years when I retire I'd consider making the trip west. The area around Eureka has some of the best scenery in the world. Here's a picture of the kind of trees they have in the Eureka area. It's a worthwhile trip at any time but even more worthwhile if you can attend a 348/409 Shootout.
eureka-abigailselegantvictorianmansion-lodging-1.jpg

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Well installed a 3/8 gas line, electric fuel pump & line lock. Went to the local drag strip tonight (Rocky Mountain Raceway - 4700 feet above sea level & crappy air) for a test & tune. Car ran good so looks as if my running out of gas problem has been solved.:) Line lock worked great , now all I have to do is remember to release to button to unlock the brakes (always something to remember). :doh Have already run my street slicks down to nothing so I will need a new pair for CA. Anyone have any suggestions on a good pair of tires to run for street legal. I am now running B. F. Goodrich 235 60 R 15 drag radials. Don't have any problem breaking them loose, think I need a better tire. :dunno See you all soon in CA.

Joel

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Joel, be very careful what you wish for in traction, it can cause other problems:crazy stock u joints, spider gears, axles, a little slipage is OK. Just a thought;)

quik9r

randy1960

Wow sounds like a good time. Could be a road trip in the near future.

Attachments

• 348#2.jpg
    348#2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 0
  • tilt.jpg
    tilt.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 0

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Getting excited and getting some work done on Ms Bela for the trip. Took her out for a drive this morning and everything seems to be just fine. I'm getting the A/C systme checked on Monday and that should get us ready for the trip. I cleaned the carpet and seats last night and got some heat and sound mat installed this week. Seems to help quite a bit with the heat coming into the passenger compartment, so that should make the trip more comfortable for Linda and I.

"Randy" said:
Wow sounds like a good time. Could be a road trip in the near future.

Randy - Hope you can make it, the more the merrier !!!

Bill

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Getting excited and getting some work done on Ms Bela for the trip. Took her out for a drive this morning and everything seems to be just fine. I'm getting the A/C systme checked on Monday and that should get us ready for the trip. I cleaned the carpet and seats last night and got some heat and sound mat installed this week. Seems to help quite a bit with the heat coming into the passenger compartment, so that should make the trip more comfortable for Linda and I.

Bill, Are you cleaning the seat and carpet because of an accident?? That would have happened with the mishsift in Thompson and the Tac going to 7500 and me about 10 cars ahead:rollHave a safe trip

Quik9r

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Kevin said:
Bill, Are you cleaning the seat and carpet because of an accident?? That would have happened with the mishsift in Thompson and the Tac going to 7500 and me about 10 cars ahead:rollHave a safe trip
:roll:roll:rollJust wait until next year.... There won't be any smoking tires or missed shifts or 10 car lengths. All you'll see are my "Six Tail lights!" :coffee

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
It's not that I am having a little slipage, its that I have run those tires about 30 -40 runs & they are now bald. No grabbing power at all. They are toast, I thought they would last longer than that. Don't think I would use a drag radial again. Anyone out there have a good drag tire that they are having success with. :scratch Sure would like to know so maybe I can get a set before I head off to CA.:pray Thanks.

Joel

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Joel, I would stick with a drag radial if you haven't made the drivetrain bullet proof. A lot of people around Woodburn run either the Nitto or Mickey Thompson DOT drag radials/slick. I don't remember if your car is a stick or automatic but if it is a stick the M/T would probably work better for you. That's my .02

Paul

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sorry Guys, Petepedlar is going to have to bail on you.............. I can't make it to the shootout because of the medical issues.

I'd still like the hats & posters I have ordered though........ Bill let me know where to send the money.

Thanks
Dave

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Sorry to hear that, Dave. Get better and hope they don't talk about you in your absence!

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Dave,

Sorry to hear that you are not going to be able to make it !!! I was hoping you'd get the issue worked out. You are still in our prayers and we'll be thinking about you this week and weekend. Get better soon.

I will try to round up the posters and link them up with the hats after we get back and send the whole thing to you at once.

Bill and Linda

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Well............it's with heavy heart that Candy & I won't be able to attend.........:cry:cry
The stars just aren't lining up right this summer!!!!
1) Had my garden tractor sorta kinda take a dump about 2 months ago and finally located a newer model. Only problem..............it's in Detroit and I have to get it in the next couple of weeks. 2) Started a complete basement remodel project in March...had to even remove the whole concrete floor!!! 2 1/2 days with 2 electric jack-hammers ............... Been taking several afternoons a week off to help so now....the walls are all in and hopefully the plumbing will be done today and then we can get the sheetrock up netx week. I have been told it will be done for the kids at Thanksgiving. Can't believe how long this has taken and the money!!! GEEZ.....it could have bought a small city with the same amount of money!!!! And we're not putting in anything fancy!! Oh well...........when Dick and Robert come back, they will have their own place!! And 3) A week ago Candy had a doctor appointment with her surgeon. Looks like she'll need rotator cuff surgery. Had the left side done 12 years ago and now the right side is acting up. Doc has her in physical thearpy for 2 weeks and will go see him next Wed. Thearpy isn't helping so we know what to expect. Can't ride the Harley this way anyway.

Really wanted to meet all you Left Coaster's and see your cars. Drive and race safely and will wait for all Nuts' pictures and videos!!!! Not going to tell you to have a good time because that is a GIVEN!!!!!!!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Dave,

Sorry to hear that you are not going to be able to make it !!! I was hoping you'd get the issue worked out. You are still in our prayers and we'll be thinking about you this week and weekend. Get better soon.

I will try to round up the posters and link them up with the hats after we get back and send the whole thing to you at once.

Bill and Linda

Just what Bill said!!! Hang in there and we will all be thinking of you!!!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry Guys, Petepedlar is going to have to bail on you.............. I can't make it to the shootout because of the medical issues.

I'd still like the hats & posters I have ordered though........ Bill let me know where to send the money.

Thanks
Dave
Dave, Very sorry to hear this news. We will keep you in our prayers.