Original owner,1961 Biscayne Fleetmaster 348/350

The Runaway

Well Known Member
I would be interested to see the original factory invoice.
None of the paper work would be a problem but you have to give me a few days. I'm installing a new hardwood floor on the second level and all of the paperwork is inaccessible right now. I should have it dug out by Thurs/Fri.

poison ivy

Well Known Member
im the orig owner of a 1958 bel aire spt cpe , 348, tri power, 3 speed. its always nice to hear people say YOUR THE ORIGINAL OWNER.

The Runaway

Well Known Member
im the orig owner of a 1958 bel aire spt cpe , 348, tri power, 3 speed. its always nice to hear people say YOUR THE ORIGINAL OWNER.
When I went into the army my parents wanted me to sell my car and buy a new one when I got out.I said no way and I've never regretted that decision.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Runaway comments: "When I went into the army my parents wanted me to sell my car and buy a new one when I got out.I said no way and I've never regretted that decision."

Funny thing, my Dad bought me a used 1961 Belair in 1967 for $200, I drove that through high school. Went away to college (all of 12 miles away) and Dad sold the Belair while I was gone. Came home one day and asked him what happened to my car and Dad said "I bought it for you, so I decided to sell it while you were gone". I did regret that day :). Held a grudge against my Dad for some time.... He made it up by finding me a 1961 Pontiac. That was the start of it all. Fast forward 40 plus years (where did all that time go?) and now I have two project cars, a 1961 Belair sport coupe and a 1961 Pontiac Bonneville sport coupe. Funny how we can make up for past errors in judgment :).

PI I forgot that you also purchased your 1958 brand spanking new, that makes several folks on this Forum that I envy. First new car I purchased was a Volvo station wagon (first born son) :).

Cheers!
TomK

The Runaway

Well Known Member
Runaway comments: "When I went into the army my parents wanted me to sell my car and buy a new one when I got out.I said no way and I've never regretted that decision."

Funny thing, my Dad bought me a used 1961 Belair in 1967 for $200, I drove that through high school. Went away to college (all of 12 miles away) and Dad sold the Belair while I was gone. Came home one day and asked him what happened to my car and Dad said "I bought it for you, so I decided to sell it while you were gone". I did regret that day :). Held a grudge against my Dad for some time.... He made it up by finding me a 1961 Pontiac. That was the start of it all. Fast forward 40 plus years (where did all that time go?) and now I have two project cars, a 1961 Belair sport coupe and a 1961 Pontiac Bonneville sport coupe. Funny how we can make up for past errors in judgment :).

PI I forgot that you also purchased your 1958 brand spanking new, that makes several folks on this Forum that I envy. First new car I purchased was a Volvo station wagon (first born son) :).

Cheers!
TomK

The Runaway

Well Known Member
''
Hey, I have a "61 Pontiac too. It's a Catalina 2 dr post with a 3 spd auto. I think I'm a glutton for punishment because last night I dragged home a '66 Chevelle Super Sport 4 spd car. Literally dragged it home. It's nothing more than a shell and a rolling frame. I hope to get it restored in this lifetime

The Runaway

Well Known Member
I just posted a few pics of a couple of the cars.The Nomad engine is not correct right now as the power brake assembly was stolen off of the car while it was at the restoration shop and I'm still looking for the correct dual quads. I have the correct fuelly heads and intake sitting on a bench. The engine was built by Fast Times Motor Works.Stock 283 cubic inches and the little critter put out 333hp on the dyno. Just a nice street cruiser. The Cyclone is a legit W Code. 427 cu in medium riser with a top loader and a detroit locker out back. One of only 8 produced in the entire Comet line and it's been judged a #1 car at the Muscle Car Platinum Challenge. Beautifully restored. I had nothing to do with the restoration. There is only one other W Code left on this planet. The Pontiac 2+2 convert is a 90K mile vehicle.I just picked it up in Kentucky a few days ago. It has a 421 HO tri power motor,376hp with auto,ps,pb,pw and posi. Decent car that I'm going to restore to hopefully like new condition. The '61 Pontiac is my summer time driver and one of my favorites. After buying my '61 Biscayne new I always wanted a Pontiac with the flat roof to match the Biscayne. The '61 only has 67K on it and just runs nice. Some day I'll probably make it into a Super Duty clone.Operative word is SOMEDAY. Maybe. Guys,my plate is full right now with cars and houses.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Runaway,

You're already using PhotoBucket.
1. Go to the picture you want to post.
2. Click in the block that has IMG to the left of it (see below). This will copy the code you need to put a picture in your post.
3. Return to the post you are creating on the board and paste the code you just copied from PhotoBucket.
4. I find it easier if I have two tabs open in my browser. One on this board and one on the photo hosting site. Then I can switch between the two sites to copy and paste links to pictures.

Looks like this!