New to this site new to Impala's

Madmidget

Well Known Member
What would this short block be worth, or worth with a set of the 3814690 Hi-po heads and a pair of correct exhaust manifolds and a 3814881 duel carb manifold together.............I would think this would help fund the assembly of the correct engine for the car............Thanks

Anyone have an honest opinion on the value ?...........I really have no idea...........I do not.........want to over price, just a fair market value.............Thinking of taking the stuff to the Thompson Gasser meet.........not sure yet...as I find and sift thru the stuff and establish what belongs to the car.........I plan to sell off all the rest...........Thanks

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Honestly, I think you should have everything checked by a reputable machine shop to know what is needed to be usable . Then you would know how to come up with a suggested price, and not have to worry about buyer beware syndrome. Just my opinion!!!!!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Honestly, I think you should have everything checked by a reputable machine shop to know what is needed to be usable . Then you would know how to come up with a suggested price, and not have to worry about buyer beware syndrome. Just my opinion!!!!!
Plus that way you can be sure to have a useable block and set of heads for yourself. Sure the original block or heads can be repaired if they are cracked or something, but it would still be nice to know 100% that they are useable before selling off your spares.

Madmidget

Well Known Member

I should do this...............not too worried about the original block and engine parts, they only had 15,900 some miles on them when taken to the speed shop back in 67...........just sat for a long time in pieces........the after market pistons he bought need to be looked into......they look very tall when beside a stock piston......I think the guy that does my machine work will be interested in the spare short block and one of the set of hipo heads, may be able to work out a deal that way.......thanks for all the info everyone..........

Madmidget

Well Known Member
Did they ever stuff build sheets between the floor and gas tanks in 62 ? or did that start later and at random ?..........maybe behind door panels ect......I had the rear seat out, found a trim tag of some sort attached to the spring wiring and that was it....Not worried about paper work...........The original dated 62 pics of the car w/ the owner says it all..........but would be neat to find something

I was also wondering if I should have the original carpet cleaned properly or purshase new down the road ?........The original back section should clean up mint....The front, the rubber foot inset on the passenger side is coming apart after being folded back onto itself and sitting so long.........I may be able to save it..........wondering from a value point if I should save the original.........I am thinking of putting this car back together with minimal new anything....unless something is missing.....I should probably start a build thread and stop posting in this section.........ha ha

Madmidget

Well Known Member
I dropped off all of the heads, cranks and the original block .....along w/ the other spare short block...so everything can be hot tanked and checked out...........This will be done to verify the original parts to the car check out and the spare stuff checks out so it can be sold to fund the assembly of the car............Thanks for all the info and advise...........