My Intro with my '61 Biscayne Flattop

jparello

Well Known Member
Just finally jumped on board with the recommendation from W Ogden, after he saw my 'wanted' ad on the H.A.M.B. I've got a '61 Biscayne that is being built in the style of a 60's Street Car, however with a 454, 700R4, '64 P-Case posi rear end with 3:36's, American Mags up front, Stock GM 7" steel Impala wheels out back, with Radir Slicks and some skinny tall white walls up front. Maintaining the "mother nature' patina that she applied prior to my purchase in 2002, while the car was living in a field somewhere in Sacramento, California. She's gonna be a beaut.. Got a little further to go--but I plan on taking it to a couple local shows, and maybe the Roundup when I get back from overseas..
Glad to be here--John

Attachments

• user52371_pic302859_1308952862.jpg
    user52371_pic302859_1308952862.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 18

jparello

Well Known Member
Thanks a bunch.. She's a long time com'in--- hopefully I'll be laying twin rubber down the street in a few months!! Thanks for the warm welcom guys!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard...:beer I bet that thing will leave a couple of black strips on the road....:batYou found the right place for the 58-64 cars...:deal Don't worry after about a week or so you will be looking for a W motor for that flat top...:laughLots of good info and a great goup of guys here...:clap

jparello

Well Known Member
Yeah.. I think next time around.. when I actualy do the cosmetic resto piece on the car--it'll get a 'W' in it. Most likely some hideously overdone one at that!!! I just want to put this car in drive and put it down the road first.. Had it too long now--nearly 10 years just 'sitting'.. But, alas--it jumped ahead of it's turn in line in front of a '62 Falcon which has been in the 'working' status for over 10 years.. uggghh. :)

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome aboard. :clapAmen to that !!! My '57 on the left has been waiting since 1994 to be finished with a "W" build.:deal Just last year it became a driver. Not on the road yet !! Be safe overseas .:pray When you get back we would need lots of pictures of the build. :cool: Enjoy the ride with a great group of guys ( and Gals):hug

:crazy:cheers

jparello

Well Known Member
IMG00232-20110528-2324.jpgIMG00214-20110528-2254.jpgIMG00217-20110528-2255.jpgIMG00220-20110528-2257.jpgIMG00224-20110528-2259.jpgIMG00231-20110528-2323.jpg Thanks guys.. If you look on the H.A.M.B. (if you're not a member, you should be--it's a fun form to be a member of)-- look me up as my username is 'Hemifalcon'--I have pictures in my album on there.. They're crappy pictures as they were all taken with a Blackberry camera.. But, there are some pictures.. Here's one more--of the side.. Sorry, no full-body pictures of my Sedan...

jparello

Well Known Member
Thanks again guys.. The car may be running and moving on it's own power next weekend.. Rear brakes just went on--driveshaft still needs to get shortened for the 700R4.. I'll keep you guys posted!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks again guys.. The car may be running and moving on it's own power next weekend.. Rear brakes just went on--driveshaft still needs to get shortened for the 700R4.. I'll keep you guys posted!
Make sure when you shorten the front diveline that the entire driveline gets balanced and not just the front alone. Good Luck and keep posted on your progress....:deal

jparello

Well Known Member
I'll keep you guys posted for sure.. Yeah, i'm aware of the 'balancing act'.. I know the driveshafts like this are a bit of a pain--maybe down the road it'll get a one-piece driveshaft, never know.. :)
I can't hardly wait to drive this thing when I get back home!

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome to the zoo............. I like your car and the fact that your're going to leave the patina.......... like mine, they are only original once.

Dave