Lifter noise-Chasing the noise- Round 4

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I know you said that there is the same amount of thread showing on your problem rocker but it does look like there is more showing then on the one next to it. Is it possible that your rocker stud is pulling out of the head?

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I know you said that there is the same amount of thread showing on your problem rocker but it does look like there is more showing then on the one next to it. Is it possible that your rocker stud is pulling out of the head?
I am not sure but I can set a straight edge on it to check for stud variation, its worth a look, is there a better way to test/check them.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Strait edge should work but I’d take a couple of rockers off and use a depth gauge or even the back of a caliper to get an accurate measurement

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Strait edge should work but I’d take a couple of rockers off and use a depth gauge or even the back of a caliper to get an accurate measurement
Good point, when I straight edge it e that digital have all the rockers off, then as far as depth gauge, I have several things that might measure that I have a depth finder on my digital caliper. So with everything eventually ready to test, is there a tolerance I need to be in? Like all, of them within a 1/16 etc?

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Let me ask this, as many times as this has failed, is there a way to check the cam in the car with intake off while it’s open? Like with dial I indicator and I am sure I’m over thinking it, but I do not want to keep pulling my intake.

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think this time will do the trick, at least to my ears. I know this may sound minor, but I’ve got 6 years in this car, body, paint, upholstery , everything new. So yes I have invested heavy in the car( to say the least) so I don’t want to drive a clackity-clack timex 409, the performance is spot on, this motor is strong
( to me) it has very little to do with expenses, I expect more out of the motor and myself so this noise will get chased to the tooth hounds of hell. That being said, this thread pick a version, there’s been a lot of advice offered most good. But I’m here, their eyes are not.
Until I figure it out, it’s kinda personal now lol