Jerry's 62 Impala build

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian, Next time give me the size of the pieces and I'll pre fab the d%*& things. :doh Ought to be easier to sleep with em.:crazy

:crazy

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not a problem. Wait till you see the storage charge for the bumpers etc. in the back of my Suburban.:roll:roll:roll

Maybe I should just build a 61 and drive it down there.:roll:roll:roll

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry, I'm tryin. Seems like it is getting real slow all of the sudden. I might have to come work for you at the new shop. I'll be the dispatcher for transportation.:roll:roll

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I got all of the rust cut out and sheet metal welded in. Need to pressure wash the underside and it will be ready for the paint shop to take over next week.

I'm about 98% done with the chassis. All suspension, Air Ride, Steering components, Brake and Fuel lines, front and Rear Sway Bars, Engine, Tranny and exhaust are installed. Just need to put the accessories on the engine and measure for the driveshaft and it will be done! Pics later tonight.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Pics......

DSC_0390.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Brian, you are amazing........... you've just finished about 2 months of work !!!!!!!

Dave

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
She's Real Fine My409

:bow Oh Brian my resl name is Jerry:roll when can I pick up my beutiful car:clap You do some beutiful work.:cheers

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The boy is amazing !!!!! I thought he had a job outside the garage ???

Bill

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian, you are amazing........... you've just finished about 2 months of work !!!!!!!

Dave

It sure does feel like it too!!! :)

:bow Oh Brian my resl name is Jerry:roll when can I pick up my beutiful car:clap You do some beutiful work.:cheers

Not sure I would want to face my father-in-law after that one! :) Thanks Derry!

The boy is amazing !!!!! I thought he had a job outside the garage ???

Bill

Thanks Bill. Nope, no job again. The position I took last year was only supposed to be for a few months but ended up lasting 10. So I am on an extended vacation again!!!! :)

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
It sure does feel like it too!!! :)

Not sure I would want to face my father-in-law after that one! :) Thanks Derry!

Thanks Bill. Nope, no job again. The position I took last year was only supposed to be for a few months but ended up lasting 10. So I am on an extended vacation again!!!! :)

You were on for 10, I was on for a decade, but we're both on the same plan!!!! :doh It enables us to get these cars finished though! :D

Looks fantastic Brian!

Huggies

Well Known Member

I had these tucked away in the corner of the garage and completely forgot about them. I think I am going to use these instead of the original valve covers.

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

Nice find... wish I could find some nice treasures like this in my garage... hahaha!

Are those "GM Authorized" parts? I guess so but I never saw some like these... as far as I can remember... :dunno

Huggies

Well Known Member
I also read that you sold the chromed inner fenders to a guy with a 64 'vert...

I tought they were different on a 62... I just disassembled mine on my 63 'vert to have them powdercoated and I took a look on my 62 and saw a few differences... Am I wrong?

Props on the project, really cool project

Hugues