Jerry's 62 Impala build

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Phil----parts
Brian----- resto
Ronnie ------- engine assembly
Jim ---- machine shop

.......... Cr@p I'd love the job of sweeping the floor !!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

I really will never understand why the officials slated those Olympic events on one of our ski hills instead of one of our ski mountains :dunno:dunno

Dave

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks good Brian. I am right in there with you on the passenger rocker on my Bel Air. Same repair.....:doh

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Amazing !!!

Brian,

Darn, I thought that car was in better shape than that !!!!! :eek::eek: Well it just goes to show you, what a paint job can cover up ! I had similar rust issues with the BelAir, but I did mine in one weekend, by replacing the whole floor, cowl and truck included ?

You are doing an amazing job, the car is going to be better than factory fresh, when you get her done. :bow:bow:cheers Are you still planning to have her done in time ofr Thompson ? Hope so, I'd love to see her in person.

Bill

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bill, I would say that there is no way Brian can have that car ready in time for Thompson. But, man!!, he works non-stop. Don't know when he sleeps. Two weeks ago I would say, No way. But now ?? He might just make it. :dunno

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
OK DAVEs New Shop

:scratch I think you forgot one important player for this DREAM shop:?How about Cecil for Tech Support and research as well as he could fly the others back and forth.:roll:roll

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian,

Darn, I thought that car was in better shape than that !!!!! :eek::eek: Well it just goes to show you, what a paint job can cover up ! I had similar rust issues with the BelAir, but I did mine in one weekend, by replacing the whole floor, cowl and truck included ?

You are doing an amazing job, the car is going to be better than factory fresh, when you get her done. :bow:bow:cheers Are you still planning to have her done in time ofr Thompson ? Hope so, I'd love to see her in person.

Bill

Bill- I am going to do everything possible to get it done in time for the Thompson event. One thing led to another with this build and I figured I might as well get everything done while it was apart. I only have two small pieces to repair on the body adn then the sheet metal work will be done. Then the fun part comes with putting the new suspension on the frame and setting the egnine in place. Progress will show when I am at that point!:clap

Bill, I would say that there is no way Brian can have that car ready in time for Thompson. But, man!!, he works non-stop. Don't know when he sleeps. Two weeks ago I would say, No way. But now ?? He might just make it. :dunno

OK Ronnie, are you challenging me?????

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:scratch I think you forgot one important player for this DREAM shop:?How about Cecil for Tech Support and research as well as he could fly the others back and forth.:roll:roll

Cecil would have to be included in this venture, How else would we know how things went?

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sounds like a good business. We can get together and build $50,000 cars and e-bay them for $25,000........ Probably have a lot of fun though. :cool:

oldskydog

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil would have to be included in this venture, How else would we know how things went?

I'm a little short on organizing skills. I don't think you would like my filing system.....good for job security though as nobody else would be able to figure it out.:D
:coffee:

oldskydog

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Sounds like a good business. We can get together and build $50,000 cars and e-bay them for $25,000........ Probably have a lot of fun though. :cool:

Not a problem. Ronnie. If you think the car is worth $50,000, then it would probbly appraise at $75,000......then after selling it for $25,000, we write off a $50,000 loss to offset any accidental profit that may have slipped through the crack.:deal
I'm sure Phil is all up on this accounting stuff.:D

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Brian,

Well don't bust a nut, trying to get her done for Thompson. Better to take your time and get her done right the first time ! I'll just have to schedule a trip to Texas in the near future !!! :cheers

Bill

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian,

Well don't bust a nut, trying to get her done for Thompson. Better to take your time and get her done right the first time ! I'll just have to schedule a trip to Texas in the near future !!! :cheers

Bill

Bill- Come down anytime. You are more than welcome to stay at my house. :) As far as busting a nut...I think I already did that.