Get Together

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My buddy Jackson that was there has a event in south east Kansas in June that we can congregate at and run together as a group.
Reminder Paul and I are holding another 348-409 Family reunion in Iowa 2022. This will probably be up at Tri-State Raceway in Earlville Iowa as we are working on the best weekend to hold it now. This year we want to avoid competing with Dragway 42 and the move further east should help bring more cars. Prize money is already up to $3k but we expect more to come. We had a bunch of fun 2019 at this track and hope to do it all over again.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Had a GREAT time yesterday meeting and talking with everyone at Columbia. Ralph drove a Beautiful Hondours Maroon all original 409 4 speed car from Red Bud, Il that everyone loved, Jeff also drove his beautiful very original 63 BelAir that he purchased not too long ago. We had a good showing there and Dave Coots made it all the way from IA, we missed Phil but hope he is on the mends. Afterwards I stopped by Toms man cave for a little tour before heading back to St Louis. I know now why its so hard to find 409 stuff after going to Tom's place and Russ's the week before, LOL A mid west race would be a great idea as there is a fair group of cars within a close proximity, either way this lunch thing needs to be at least an annual event. Looking forward to seeing everyone again as it was a very enjoyable day. Steve....

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Had a GREAT time yesterday meeting and talking with everyone at Columbia. Ralph drove a Beautiful Hondours Maroon all original 409 4 speed car from Red Bud, Il that everyone loved, Jeff also drove his beautiful very original 63 BelAir that he purchased not too long ago. We had a good showing there and Dave Coots made it all the way from IA, we missed Phil but hope he is on the mends. Afterwards I stopped by Toms man cave for a little tour before heading back to St Louis. I know now why its so hard to find 409 stuff after going to Tom's place and Russ's the week before, LOL A mid west race would be a great idea as there is a fair group of cars within a close proximity, either way this lunch thing needs to be at least an annual event. Looking forward to seeing everyone again as it was a very enjoyable day. Steve....
In 1963 a single guy had a 1962 ss maroon 409 four speed original around town,beautifull car. Wonder if that could be ralph's car. Always wonder . Of course there where many made like that, but the history of it could be interesting. I am surprised No one took pictures of the cars with owners next to them???? Any way a long 9 hours to get pizza Dave!!!! Looks like everyone had a good time.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Been to Ark City race track several times!! Have a good friend there.
Long story....but we had Hayden and his new car there. Another friend had a 62 Pontiac. They had a grudge race and Hayden kicked his ......well, you know what I mean!!!!
Ark City is just south of Wichita on I-35.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
John Clark is from Wichita and is a supper nice guy, he ran with the Nostalgia Gassers one year at the Meltdown when I was there. His Chevy II is a very clean car and fun to watch as he always leaves the starting line with the wheels in the air. I think that might be a pretty good place for a midwestern meet. :good

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
In 1963 a single guy had a 1962 ss maroon 409 four speed original around town,beautifull car. Wonder if that could be ralph's car. Always wonder . Of course there where many made like that, but the history of it could be interesting. I am surprised No one took pictures of the cars with owners next to them???? Any way a long 9 hours to get pizza Dave!!!! Looks like everyone had a good time.
I did get a couple pictures of Ralph's 62.

tempImageXRiJb9.jpgtempImagetsxjtX.jpg