Cars

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I know they had a hot rod version ….I don’t remember if it was called a gulf…??…… I want to say they were turbo..?? but I can remember traveling down Highway 27 in Fort Benning at about 110 miles an hour on my interceptor and I had that gulf or GTI…..??……rabbit whatever it was go flying by me like I was sitting still…….

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Patina is a big deal…….not for me either….!!! Alex Taylor and her father….. mostly the father…… built this 55 from a shell of a car. Stripped it down…. Then hand formed from molds he made…. Doors trunk lid hood doors….. he is an incredible builder(fabricator)
View attachment 98436

View attachment 98437
Awesome, so what's it running engine wise! looks to be turbo'd.

Dä Huäbär

Well Known Member
The Volkswagen Rabbit is her in Europe the VW Golf . First com out in 1973 with 50HP . now its the 8.series , in the top version with 245HP . In 1976 com out the GTI , your Rabbit . Its the top version on all series .
In Switzerland is the Golf one of the most seen cars on the streets . I make my driverlicense in 1982 on a Golf Diesel with 45HP :mock

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
No family she’s LONG gone, high school fling only but I still have a Honduras Maroon 62 SS so if you are referring to the family being me and my 62 yes you are right Lol not the same car but another one I bought in 1988
I was noticing all the chevys in the background, but really not sure except the 65/66