Cars

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That was the Bakersfield Hot Rod Reunion....can't remember the date. Harold Clay restored the car. Doug Marion and myself were there with Tom Jacobson. Found Rusty Symmes in the grandstands. Hayden couldn't make it because he was sick.
Interesting thing happened to me!!!! I was with the car when a guy came up and started a conversation. Finally asked if I would like something of Hayden's. I said SURE!!!!! Said he car was out in the parking area and it was about a mile away!!!!!! 'Bout an hour later he shows back up!!!! He wanted $100 for it!!!! I said absolutely!!!!!

Pictures on the next thread!!!!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
The next weekend was the Thompson event. I was wearing the coat when I saw Hayden. Asked him if this was his coat. He said probably. I asked what car he was racing. Said it had to be the Z-11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Hayden autographed the coat immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now when you look at the pictures.....you see the tab on the back of the neck......it's authentic!!!!!
That's why I bought the coat!!!!!!!!
20210827_160128.jpg20210827_160141.jpg20210827_160145.jpgI àm getting rid of this coat this fall. There is a young felllow back east in CT. Nice guy and I think he would like to have it!!!!!20210827_160202.jpg