Been a minute.....

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jeff I like that idea, if the goal is to keep this set in there, I have a vise and a 20 ton press, in the older days I used to watch guys smack plunger with a hammer /punch, I wont do that.... yes they are all filled with oil at the moment, in the car, ready to be plucked out. Keep in mind these current lifters are the second set of new lifters, so if I change them this would be the 3rd new set. I was thinking these deeper plunger Mellings might be better built or at least american made, that being said, this current set, the car ran great, just heard the noise, so THAT second set mated pretty well to the cam (used cam spookiness) I think? I am getting back on the car tommorow I hope.
Just do 1 at at a time so as not to get any mixed up. If the bottom looks good when pulled you are probably good. Be sure and re lube the bottom with the cam jiz that was sent you. Just push slowly and the oil will start seeping out. I just used a 3 ton arbor press and I did not have to push hard.
Jeff

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well it’s 1pm, time to start working on car.

I am showing these two pics so you can hopefully see the cam and lifters mating.

I would think the cam might be more centered on the lifters?

Attachments

• IMG_6367.jpeg
    IMG_6367.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6366.jpeg
    IMG_6366.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 32