1961 Biscayne project in Fargo ND

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Sounds awesome Brian. :love Are you going to Thompson this year or are you saving all that HP for Great Bend ? Inquiring minds want to know !!:rub:pray

:crazy:dance:cheers

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I can't watch the video until later 'cause I'm at work. :hide

From the opening shot....that actually looks like it might fit under the stock '61 hood with no air cleaner(s)??? Is it possible? Even if it will, is there any room for the carbs to breathe?
I know you mentioned getting away from the cowl induction scoop on your '62, but it looks good to me. I have one on my '61 and way back before they got so popular I've always thought the factory lines of the '61 hood just work right with a cowl induction. The center "bulge" that sticks up a quarter inch or so just needs raising up a few more inches.
If it doesn't fit.....you could space/shim up the body mounts at the firewall and at the core support to gain some more room and still look stock.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:clap:clap:clap:clap Finally got to watch (and more importantly LISTEN) to the video. Sounds great Brian. Good throttle response. :deal

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Brian, You might think about some wheelie bars on that Beast, or maybe a window in the floorboard. :D