ROCK N RACE 2022 JULY 8-10

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
The changes to the Chevy ll were the Lenco transmission with a higher ratio first gear to calm down the launch, and a softer engaging adjustable clutch to reduce some of that violent hit .
Thought something changed and even for the better. Like it much better that way,to me I thought it was wasting horsepower in the air . Jmho.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
The best 60’ time of 1.251 was done about 3 years ago , and was the run that is my avatar picture with the front wheels in the air.
I am not much of a racer, so don't laugh ,but isn't the end result (best time) the goal??? Everyone talks about 60 foot times ,,,why??? You have never had the times you just got. (8.70) this last race ,is that correct???

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I’m thinking the correct answer would be….. if you can lower your 2nd goal…… 1st being reaction time…….your end time should also be lower……POTENTIAL………

Reactions: 327

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I’m thinking the correct answer would be….. if you can lower your 2nd goal…… 1st being reaction time…….your end time should also be lower……POTENTIAL………
But, the end result 8.70 was never accomplished before even with the better 60 foot times as stated in avatar with wheels up. He never had. 8.70 till this race if I understand right .

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
But, the end result 8.70 was never accomplished before even with the better 60 foot times as stated in avatar with wheels up. He never had. 8.70 till this race if I understand right .
If you accomplish each goal in less time then you had the previous time obviously your end result will be less time so if you can dial in your reaction time dialing your 60’ Time…..Look at it this way, if he ran an 870 and he improves his 60 foot time on the 870 he’s gonna run less….. it’s a process of refinement over the entire quarter mile….my guess is with his new transmission he has less changes in gear reduction per gear keeping the engine where it wants to live ….so that he’s not lugging the motor as much so many variables tire pressure how hard your clutch grabs it’s endless and that’s what attracts pure racers to the sport it’s competition within yourself and your car Not necessarily against the other lane……I believe that’s what drives people like Dave, Dan and the rest of the guys to achieve the next personal best

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
If you accomplish each goal in less time then you had the previous time obviously your end result will be less time so if you can dial in your reaction time dialing your 60’ Time…..Look at it this way, if he ran an 870 and he improves his 60 foot time on the 870 he’s gonna run less….. it’s a process of refinement over the entire quarter mile….my guess is with his new transmission he has less changes in gear reduction per gear keeping the engine where it wants to live ….so that he’s not lugging the motor as much so many variables tire pressure how hard your clutch grabs it’s endless and that’s what attracts pure racers to the sport it’s competition within yourself and your car Not necessarily against the other lane……I believe that’s what drives people like Dave, Dan and the rest of the guys to achieve the next personal best
What I am trying to say is his best 60 foot times is his avatar picture wheels in air according to Dave M ,but he did not turn a 8.70 on that run. So it's my thinking the way he run recently with no wheels in air was best time. Understand my thinking?

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Yes ideally wheels in the air “CAN” be lost time but Dave’s car is not set up to lay in the weeds next to the ground like a pro stock racer……it’s a gasser style car (straight axle) which means weight transfer…… and choosing to battle those demons also…….KOOOOOL
And if it came right down to fast as possible……. Our guys would not be running 409’s……. That to……. is it’s own battle…..!!!!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I couldn't tell in video if wheels stayed on ground the entire run , but definitely not like the very start like he used too. Always thought if it didn't do that it would do better.

Reactions: 327