Norwalk Ohio Swap Meet Pictures

409envy

Well Known Member
This is the same person that wanted $100,000 for the rusted out remains of Thunder. $30k for an engine with a z11 top half and water pump seems a bit excessive. No way to prove it’s an actual z11 engine unless that QM stamp is still there. At the end of the day it would all need to be gone through which only adds to the cost obviously.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
This is the same person that wanted $100,000 for the rusted out remains of Thunder. $30k for an engine with a z11 top half and water pump seems a bit excessive. No way to prove it’s an actual z11 engine unless that QM stamp is still there. At the end of the day it would all need to be gone through which only adds to the cost obviously.
I said IF all numbers matched it would be a real z11. All meaning block and everything else. Overhauling any used motor is expected .I did not question the price. Buyer that want's a real z11 has to do that .That was my only point of being a real z11.

Last edited:

409envy

Well Known Member
I said IF all numbers matched it would be a real z11. All meaning block and everything else. Overhauling any used motor is expected .I did not question the price. Buyer that want's a real z11 has to do that .That was my only point of being a real z11.
I was just replying in general to this thread not your post specifically. I’m sorry if I offended anyone.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I was just replying in general to this thread not your post specifically. I’m sorry if I offended anyone.
You never offended me , or anyone else . Just simply saying if a person wanted a complete number matching (if) there it is. The person has to know if he can afford it.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
If your comment is referring to me & my 63, that technically won't work. But I guess I could "make" a Z-11 Belair!
I only need the top end. I can stamp a block, and who knows what the stroke is when its together & running.
Jeff
You would know its not a true z11 block.. I figured you must had some interest in it since you knew the asking price . Yes i refered to you only saying if you wanted a number match z11 there it is. I did not imply whether you could afford it or not. I did not intend to offend you in any way.

Last edited:

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don,
Non taken. I knew the asking price because I asked. I bought some other trinkets from the seller. 30K would be where a fool and his money parted IMO. The only thing it had going for it was the top end IMO. IF it had a QM stamp and a vin# that MATCHED a rumored 63 Impala "Z-11" car it should be worth alot to the guy who owns the car. If I had THAT car it would have been in the back of my truck, one way or another! Providing it could be salvaged, even it it was just a running trailer queen. To the average Joe/collector/hoarder not so much. Without a prominent QM stamp it's just another 409 block to me. Aligning dates are great and probably important for a points car, but I'm sure some Z-11 cars had to have some replacement parts and the dates may not coincide the best.
Regardless it was some cool stuff, he had a bunch of it, and he seemed to know his ?hit! He apparently has been around more of this stuff than most people could even dream of. Lucky guy!
Jeff

DaveN

Well Known Member
I have never seen anything like that at a swapmeet in my life I was amazed. I would love to see some pictures of the car he has. I found a car thunder on line it was satin silver. obviously not the same car as this gentleman had as it was restored.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Evan I agree, I saw and looked at it and 20k for all of it might be reasonable... just saying.