1966 SBC 327 .060" overbore question

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Tom,if you happen to run across a set of 461x 's,they're coveted by some super stock racers.They seem to flow better for some reason.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
My engine was a '67/327-365HP I think from a Vette. I don't have the stamping codes but I can get them if anyone is interested.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Butch,the last yearfor the 365 hp 327 was 1965,as best as I can remember.They did still make the 350hp 327[l-79] in 1967 which was the same assembly,except for the cam.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Thank you Don. I stand corrected.It has to be a 350hp motor. :rubI know it came out of a '67 coupe. I did that motor in 1978.:eek At least I remembered Vette 327. :thinkThat's gotta count for sumpin.:dunnoNow I gotta find those cast #s. I'll post my findings in case I ever do sell the long block.

:crazy:cheers

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Butch,when you get the chance,check your casting nmbers,and clutch pivot ball mounting hole.if there are 2 such holes,one farther forward,and the oil filter adapter looks different from a normal small block,you may have a VERY rare and valuable block there.My 66 nova came thru with the 350 hp 327,and had those features,and I was told they went into some Vettes as well.I do know that the "L-79"[350hp-327] was availeable in 67 as well.best of luck here,Butch.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Very interesting info guys. I will look as soon as I can for those casting #s. This weekend I will be kinda busy .Hurricane Irene is heading for Long Island this Sunday.:pray It's gonna be a little wet around here.:cry

:crazy:cheers