Wilson1

Wilson1

Well Known Member
I just bought a set of front disc brakes from Mike who told me about this forum. He said it was a bunch of old farts that like old cars and drag racing. Fits my profile perfectly. LOL. I’ll be 73 this month and still acting 16.

I have a 1960 Impala and drag race an altered with a 468 BBC. My Impala was originally a 348 Glide car, but now has the ubiquitous 350 with a 4 speed. Which no one thinks is cool, but if I tell them it is a 327 they like it. I have fun with that.

I am looking forward to learning more about early 60’s cars from the forums esteemed members.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I just bought a set of front disc brakes from Mike who told me about this forum. He said it was a bunch of old farts that like old cars and drag racing. Fits my profile perfectly. LOL. I’ll be 73 this month and still acting 16.

I have a 1960 Impala and drag race an altered with a 468 BBC. My Impala was originally a 348 Glide car, but now has the ubiquitous 350 with a 4 speed. Which no one thinks is cool, but if I tell them it is a 327 they like it. I have fun with that.

I am looking forward to learning more about early 60’s cars from the forums esteemed members.
Hey Ray...... You listenin ????
:crazy:cheers

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Just "WHO" is old on this site? Me I'm 16 and still in high school!!!:crazy:confused:D

Dreaming, I'm always dreaming, til my dreaming comes true.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Wilson1

Well Known Member
Earl2014Pic1_zpsc848183e.jpg

Thanks for the welcome everyone. MRHP - I thought with your Avatar you might enjoy a picture of my altered.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Real Nice,
Welcome Wilson,

Now we just need a pic of that 60 so Ray will Chime in

Steve

Wilson1

Well Known Member
60ImpalaArtic_zpse9577bab.jpg

I just put 15" rims and tires on it since this picture so I could put the disc brake set up on it . I did 15X10's with a 5 inch offset in the rear with 275/15's.
I stuck with the Cragar SS type rims. I also put side dump exhaust which come out just in front of the rear wheels. I will try to get an updated picture.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

Old Farts:scratch Come on, I said mature gentleman, unless you're referring to Phil Reed:D

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome Wilson!!!! Since Mike has reccomended you....we won't have to spend money on a background check! !!!!! This is a fairly new requirement as you will learn a lot of guys here got past that!!!!

Last edited: