Thanks for letting me join the forum.

Rapid Roy

Very nice 64!!! :welcome2
Hi Ron, I see that you also own (or have owned) a 1964 Impala SS car with a 340 hp 409 (Owned since 63...that’s awesome). I will be asking this group some questions in a week or so, hoping to confirm if my car’s casting Numbers, date codes and engine stamp are all correct or if someone has tried really hard to make them look correct. I look forward to your feedback. Thanks

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
The numbers you’ll need are;
Casting block number top of bell housing flange drivers side
Date Code bell housing flange passenger side
Stamp pad front passenger side block in front of cylinder head
Head casting number. Under a valve cover if you can.
with all these numbers the wizards here will tell you exactly what you have
Also the cowl tag and VIN will decode some things too. You’re in the right place to get all the info you need. Ask away and you’ll get it.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Hi Ron, I see that you also own (or have owned) a 1964 Impala SS car with a 340 hp 409 (Owned since 63...that’s awesome). I will be asking this group some questions in a week or so, hoping to confirm if my car’s casting Numbers, date codes and engine stamp are all correct or if someone has tried really hard to make them look correct. I look forward to your feedback. Thanks
Mine also is black/red. I don't have power brakes. There probably are other differences.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
It’s a 409, 340 hp engine with a 4 speed (M20 I believe).
Im still searching for numbers to see if the casting numbers and date codes sync up, but I have my doubts. When I have all the numbers, I will post them and try to solve a couple mysteries
:good

Junky

Well Known Member
Welcome.. Love the black, but hate the work that it takes to keep them nice looking like yours..