Tennessee 409-er

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hi John, My wife and I go to Crossville often on our way home from Tallahassee Florida (After spoiling the grandkids ). We have old friends living in Crossville and we stop and visit them whenever we can. We will be in the area next April. Maybe we could do lunch and some bench racing. I'll get in touch when time get closer to our trip.:hug

:crazy:cheers

Butch

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
70 mi.west of knoxville,toward Nashville on 40? I travel I-66,I-81,I-40,I-24 from "squirrel city"[dc area] to Chattonoga on my way to and from Huntsville,Ala.,Maybe we could meet for coffee.

Sounds good. Taking I-24 to Chatanooga seems a bit out of the way unless you need to make a stop in Nasnville. I do get to Knoxville frequently. If that works better for you, maybe we can hook up on the (western) outskirts of Knoxville. However, I'll be out of town around Christmas.

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Update ---
Car's back together! Took it for a short test drive this week (have to break in new rear-end gears) --- felt good sitting behind the wheel again. I knew it had been a long time when I reached for the steering column to turn the key off :rolleyes

Still some minor issues (wiring, exhaust...) to work thru but looking forward to some cruisin' and car shows very soon :D

Norm

Well Known Member
Don====Next time you are in northern Alabama, let me know & maybe we can get together. I am about 20 miles from Huntsville. I'll show you our "toys' , besides the Belair we have a 2004 T-bird (11,000 miles) & a brand new Dodge Challenger. Bring your sunglasses, the Challenger is header orange & it is a little bright. Cops automatically add 20 mph to your speed because of color. AS you can see, we are trying to support all the American car manufacturers.

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Oh man --- I just drove thru Huntsville a week ago coming back from Gulf Shores. I am hoping to get back this year to take in the Space Museum. If so, I'll give you a shout in advance.

ps. if you "have" ;) to own Fomoco and Mopar, you've got two of their coolest cars.

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hello fellow 409 fans and owners!

I'm in processing of re-restoring my 1963 Impala SS 409/425. Car has been in family since new. Had a frame-off resto done in early 90's in MO (pic attached).

Other than body, paint and motor work I did almost all of the other work over 5 years. Car was a Super Chevy class winner in 2000.

Unfortunately, all the work I had done by the "professionals" didn't hold up.

The car has sat undriven for 5 years so this summer I started what I thought would be a "refresh" job. The lacquer paint had checked pretty badly so I found a resto shop in TN. Told them to strip to bare metal. Unfortunately, we found far too much bondo, so some new repo and NOS sheet metal was installed.

Also found original engine rebuild wasn't done very well so I took motor to Lamar Walden for rebuild.

Completion is about 4 to 8 weeks away (I think).

Well, my completion estimate was a little off but the good news is I drove the ole girl home this week ---felt good to be behind the wheel again! New pictures soon but won't look much different than old but up close it's now just about perfect:D and runs/sound great as well!

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hi Don, Just touching base with you about our possible lunch in Crossville Tenn. We wil be in Crossville April 20 and will be leaving Crossville on April 23 heading for Roanoke Va. How does lunch on the 23rd before we head out to Va. sound. Doing a little bench racing is one of my favorite things. We might also be hooking up with Dick Mc Kenzie again for lunch in Deleware on our final leg of the trip back to Long Island. Give me a call or e-mail at 1-631-698-6940 or bkeegan57@optonline.net. Hope to meet up with you.

Thanks

Butch & Giny Keegan

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Hey Butch,

It would be great to see you and Giny for lunch again! You can meet Joanne. If you're passing through on a Wednesday John Langenfelder will probably be nearby in Elkton MD. We could catch up with him also.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
That's great Dick !! We had a real good time meeting with you back in 2010 and meeting the '62 Bel-Air. We we were sorry we missed Joanne last time. Looking forward to meeting her. Hope we can hook up with John also. This will cap a really great trip to spoil the grandkids. We will be coming through on Wednesday the 25th from Mechanicsburg Pa. I will call when we are entering Deleware. I think I still have your cell # somewhere. See you soon my friend.:D

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Butch, lunch in Crossville on 4/23 sounds good! I'll also send you and e-mail.

Don

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Great Don, We are looking forward to lunch/bench racing with you. I will call you when we are leaving our friends house. Are you familiar with Braeswick Circle ?? That is where our friends live.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hy Don, Giny and I just want to thank you for sharing some of your time wih us at Lunch last week. We really had a good time. Your '63 is AWESOME !!! Please say Hi to Cheryl for us. It was so nice meeting up with you.
THANKS AGAIN.

Butch & Giny

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Butch & Ginny! Ditto!!! Cheryl and I are so glad you stopped by and we could meet and lunch. What a great "hobby" this is when kindred spirits can get together and develop new friendships. This forum opens the door and I hope others take advantage of it.

Thompson OH is not doable for me this year but I'll sure try for next year.

Don & Cheryl

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
OK Don. I'm sure everyone will take video and pictures this year. I am sure me & Giny will make some more friends this year. I went last year and it was a blast to see all those gassers and 409s. I'm still talking about Thompson a year later.:hug