spring carlisle show

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ken: We have had to crossed paths at Carlisle. Yes, I remember the mud days and the dirt paths. Remember when guys brought wreckers there to pull us vendors out!!!
Ohhh the good old days! I liked it when everything was on the backside and there were no hills. I do remember when those hills didn't bother me but now I hate them. I wonder why?
robert

If you recall they also used to throw hay down in the paths to try and make them walkable. Fun days when we were young:cool: As far as running into each other there is no dought. If you remember in the first row off of gate one a girl selling hand made fuzzy dice before anybody else was selling them, That was my wife. She used to make them all by hand including the dots and then sell them there coulpe of years she out did me in making money with those dice:scratch:grumble: and she wouln't let me forget it. Ken

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Yes I remember the dice!!!! Actually I may have a pair, unbelievable. We were midway up headed for the grandstands. I'm still looking for pictures as I know they exist.
robert

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey Robert, If you have a set of Ken's wife's fuzzy dice DO NOT LET HIM TALK YOU OUT OF THEM!!!! They are now very rare collectors items.:roll:roll:crazy:cool::cheers

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When I told Kathy about this conversation last night She was like " No way that could have been anyones dice and then I reminded her that for two years she was the only one selling them at Carlisle, Until everyone else started to mass produce them. She cleaned up:cool: I'm going to make a guess as to the years were around 74-75 or 75-76 There is still a pair hanging in the 52

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I was there slogging thru the mud in those days as well. early one morning, i was walking along and this strong feeling came over me to look left and walk out of my chosen path. to the tailgate of a pickup i went, but i wasn't sure why? what drove me to walk to it? there was an object UNDER a towel, I couldnt see it.?
turned out to be a 63 425 air cleaner assembly in mint condition. the guy had not even put it out yet. I convinced him to take all the cash i had for it $125.00 and it's been on the car since then. 1979

BTW: can i get some fuzzy dice that are red with white dots?
the ones i have look like crap.

http://www.imagesbytnt.com/Cars/75-80-Dragway/11788615_LuwCB#832613612_vgtEx-XL-LB

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ya see Bob it pays to have an eagle eye. There was somthing about the shape of that covered object that you recognized and were drawn to it. I'm going to show my wife that post about the dice and tell her that her suzy homemaker skills are in demand again. The reaction shud prove to be interesting:roll Ken

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey Ken.......Be carefull what you ask for......You just might get it...... I think I have a pair of Kathy's dice also.:dunnoThey are Black w/ silver dots.Were Kathy's dice the 6"or 8" square ones like the ones in your '51?:?:crazy:cool::cheers

sdb348

carlise

I was there saterday found a 1147 head for $225 . do miss the boy scouts. looking for another to make a pr