pics of car collection

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
61 vert, I've re-read the posts hoping to get this right. I find one post where someone was not impressed, even sounded a little upset. Everyone else enjoyed the collection. Some tossed in a little humor. We do that to keep from going insane. You will learn over time when to ignore us. We mean no harm. As far as the collection goes, I could walk around in that building for hours with my tongue hanging out. You are lucky to have that right often. I , for one, would enjoy seeing more. Thanks,,,,,,,,,

61 vert

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
thanks Ronnie

I appreciate your show of support.When I read the post you are refering to and it kind of set me off. I would like to apologize to the forum members who took it the wrong way.
I have had 2 circumstances in the last 2 or 3 weeks where local shops have upped the charges to me when they found out who's car I was working on.One was a glass shop where I had new side windows put in new sashes for his 61, and the other was the trans. shop that rebuilt the powerglide for the same.The tranny guy even said that he was going to give me the good price until he figured out who it was for.I have no problem with a fair price,but it seemed a little steep. Thanks, Andy.

bobs409

Administrator
Jeez Bob, don't jinx it.:eek:

Now you need to do some sort of spiritual ritual to un-do it.
Maybe pour a quart of 10w 40 in a circle and dance and chant holding a distributor in one hand and a cam shaft in the other.
:D

:roll :roll I can just visualize that! Ok but I'm not wearing a grass skirt or anything like that. :p

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
:roll :roll I can just visualize that! Ok but I'm not wearing a grass skirt or anything like that. :p

Bob, I knew you would get a chuckle out of that.

I think a car show, or car event t-shirt and blue jeans would work better anyway.

:)

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I appreciate your show of support.When I read the post you are refering to and it kind of set me off. I would like to apologize to the forum members who took it the wrong way.
I have had 2 circumstances in the last 2 or 3 weeks where local shops have upped the charges to me when they found out who's car I was working on.One was a glass shop where I had new side windows put in new sashes for his 61, and the other was the trans. shop that rebuilt the powerglide for the same.The tranny guy even said that he was going to give me the good price until he figured out who it was for.I have no problem with a fair price,but it seemed a little steep. Thanks, Andy.

I hate people/shops that do that.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
61 vert, I've re-read the posts hoping to get this right. I find one post where someone was not impressed, even sounded a little upset. Everyone else enjoyed the collection. Some tossed in a little humor. We do that to keep from going insane. You will learn over time when to ignore us. We mean no harm. As far as the collection goes, I could walk around in that building for hours with my tongue hanging out. You are lucky to have that right often. I , for one, would enjoy seeing more. Thanks,,,,,,,,,

OK,, Ok,,, I got a little carried away,,,:doh

I really kinda feel that way but I guess we need people like this to keep these cars for future generations,,,

And I do agree with Ronnie that even I could spend hours drooling on those cars!!

OK,,, so tell us more,,

Remember,, engage brain before mouth,,,:D