Newbie from Ontario

Johnnee D.

Hi everyone,
I've been visiting this website for many years. Recently, on another forum, someone mentioned there was a forum here, so I joined. I own a 1964 Bel Air, 327ci, 275 or 300hp, 4 speed, 4.11, Daytona Blue... Future plans include new coils, sway bars, shocks to have a firmer ride... I've owned a few 63 Impalas, my favorite, over the years...
Glad to be onboard...
Cheers
JD
DSCN7663.jpg

DSCN6654.jpg

9419558-700-0.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welocme JD!!! That's a car to be proud of!!!!! Bench seat---4-speed.......my favorite!!!! I think Ontario might be our biggest chapter of members from the North!!!! Enjoy the ride!!!

RED65

Well Known Member
Welcome aboard, from the wall behind the car I am guessing Mississauga. lots of people on here with a huge amount of info for you, and none of it from me. I just soak up all there knowledge.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site! :beer Nice car! :beer
I'm up in Barrie Ontario.

I noticed an old truck in the background of your top picture. It looks like a White Mustang.
I'm guessing it just happened to be parked there when the picture was taken.

Johnnee D.

Welcome to the site! :beer Nice car! :beer
I'm up in Barrie Ontario.

I noticed an old truck in the background of your top picture. It looks like a White Mustang.
I'm guessing it just happened to be parked there when the picture was taken.

thanks for the welcome everyone... Yep that's Mississauga...
It was a cruise night... really cool truck and in pretty good condition too...
DSCN7650.jpg

DSCN7652.jpg

DSCN7651.jpg

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hey JD
Glad you decided to join us........you'll like it here..it's a similar
bunch to the Canadian Poncho site........except for Phil..........:eek
OK OK he's alright too...............:deal
Your 64 looks great......love the hub caps......:cool:
:cheers
bj

Johnnee D.

Hey JD
Glad you decided to join us........you'll like it here..it's a similar
bunch to the Canadian Poncho site........except for Phil..........:eek
OK OK he's alright too...............:deal
Your 64 looks great......love the hub caps......:cool:
bj

thanks, can't wait to see your 63... you're the reason I joined, I read your comment on another forum...and voilĂ ...here I am
Cheers
JD

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
This club has a fantastic reunion at Thompson Drag Strip near Mentor Ohio in June....:beer
Hoping to get the 63 in shape for the trip........:cool:
bj

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great looking 64! I have a 64 also (see avatar). Looking forward to seeing more photos of your car! Whats the history on it? Has it been in Canada its entire life?

Johnnee D.

Thanks again for the welcome... How I got the car is quite a long story, it goes back to 2009 when I lived in Switzerland, saw the car on Ebay. At the time it had chrome wheels, and a few chrome accents in the engine compartment:
64x.jpg

64s.jpg

That summer, I was supposed to go back to Canada for holidays and since the car was located in Webster NY, it would have been easy to go see it... Well, I couldn't take those holidays and although I kept in contact with the owner, after a while I lost track of the car. Sometime in 2011, I see an ad in Hemmings for the same car, call the dealer but car was already sold! Missed it a second time... In January 2012, while still living in Switzerland, I see an ad for the Bel Air in Sudbury, Ontario! I call them up, since I had already inquired about a 63 BA they had 6 months earlier I knew them a little. Not wanting to take a chance, I take a week holiday, take a plane to Toronto, where I stay with friends. Leave with the first flight in the morning to Sudbury and return at night. Car was exactly what I was looking for, original interior, 4 speed, tach, interesting color and it is the car I was following since 2009! I buy it and ask them to keep it in their showroom until spring when I will have it shipped to Europe.
Well, in the meantime we decide to move back to Canada, so early last Septmeber I took a one way ticket to Sudbury and drove the car back to Oakville...real nice ride but the 4.11 is not too highway friendly!!!!
Apparently car used to race in Webster in the 60's explaining the low mileage...
cheers
JD