Newbie from down under

Cookieboy

Hello everyone, I live in Western Australia and have had Chevys all my life, my first was a 1952 Delux I was given when I was 14, been hooked ever since, I've owned many over the years and some I should have held on to.
As a kid my mates and I talked and lived cars all day long, We knew all about the 409 but in truth none of us had ever seen a real live 409, they were just a dream.
I now have a 64 Impala 2 door and done the body off thing, air bags and tubular control arms, doing the body now.
I picked up a 64 409 about 5yrs ago and then a pair of 690 heads and now looking to build it...​

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:welcome You have come to the right place! These guys can answer any questions that come up, along with answering a lot that you won't even know you need to ask. The knowledge and wisdom of this group is amazing. Not to mention that they are all just really good people.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey CookieBoy,
What part of WA are you from?
Got some friends in Cookernup etc and been to the nats over there the last two times
There are the odd other couple of Aussies on this forum
They are really good buggers and dont mention sheep at all:D
Welcome aboard and have a good time

Im surprised that no one has mentioned that we all like pictures here (coz most of us cant read too well):crazy

Steve

Cookieboy

Hi Steve,
I'm new to all this forum stuff, I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet. Bridgetown WA.
Doesn't everyone love sheep?

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Steve,
I'm new to all this forum stuff, I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet. Bridgetown WA.
Welcome aboard. Yea Steve loves them sheep thats why he wore his rubber boots to the 348-409 International Convention...:poke

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Steve,

Only Kiwis and Aussies really know what sheep shearing means:D

You dont know Mick and Erin Ogle from Manjamup at all?
Mick had a pretty cool 34 ford coupe with his own made EFI system on it years ago
Has a couple of 348s in the shed still i think

Dont worry about Tripowers comments, he is really a nice guy

Steve

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Only Kiwis and Aussies really know what sheep shearing means:D

Dont worry about Tripowers comments, he is really a nice guy

Steve
But he found out that we have antelope out here so he needs to run fast and jump high so hes wearing his Keds next year...:poke

Cookieboy

I wouldn't share my fluffy white sheep with anyone, Baa,aaa
Yea I know Mick if fact he was there when I first started the 409, but it was a mish mash of parts so I decided it was worth pulling it down and doing it right, I'm looking at maybe Jack Gibbs to help out with parts etc or Lamar Walden, don't know witch way to go

Cookieboy

Hey LMBRJQ 60 I see you are from CHCH, I will be landing there Friday night, coming over to check out your sheep

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Cookie. For some reason I cannot remember if it was a 51, or 52 Deluxe [ 4dr ) that was given to me by my brother in law back in 76 or 77. Either way, I was young and it was free. He gave it to me because he and my sister bought a beautiful black 2dr 51 Deluxe, completely stock and in mint condition.

Cookieboy

Hi Steve, yes really coming over, land about midnight and have a motel booked planning on just getting on a bus to look around chch , no big plans

Cookieboy

Must something about the old ones, I seen a pic of a 52 that had been sledded, looked awesome, thanks for the welcome

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I can post my cell number if you want to have a catch up and a beer?

Just give me a call 021800124 when you get here or from an international phone its +6421800124

Give me a call when you wake up on saturday morning

How long are you here for?

Steve

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I wouldn't share my fluffy white sheep with anyone, Baa,aaa
Yea I know Mick if fact he was there when I first started the 409, but it was a mish mash of parts so I decided it was worth pulling it down and doing it right, I'm looking at maybe Jack Gibbs to help out with parts etc or Lamar Walden, don't know witch way to go
Jack Gibbs does excellent work and is very good to deal with.