New to forum - Coleman from North Texas

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi everyone,

My name is Jerry Coleman from Lucas, TX. I am new to the full size Chevrolet body style. I am a current early Camaro owner. My wife and I have decided to step up to a larger more comfortable car. We are HRPT long haulers, along with Crusin the Coast and some club cruises here in North Texas. In other words we like to get our car out and drive it a lot!

Anyways, we have a new to us 1961 Impala. It has a 350 engine along with a TH350 transmission. It is not dependable and leaks everywhere we drive it. Also, the car has factory air conditioning that is "cantankerous" to say the least. I'm pulling the drivetrain and the air conditioning system for an upgrade. I still can't believe I had to pull the inner fender to service the evaporator coil! The X-frame is also most intriguing. Learning a lot!

I plan on having this car ready for the 2015 HRPT, so I need to quit typing and get out to the shed and get busy!
Welcome. I love the 61's. Have a buddy that had a 61 bubbletop back in the day and his brother had a 64 SS so guess I have been hooked on the early Impalas since the 70's. Enjoy the ride!

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Jerry:clap:clap Great group of guys & gals here.:hug Lots of info on the "W" engine.
"GET IN , SIT DOWN , FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELT , AND HOLD ON , ENJOY THE RIDE !!!
:crazy:cheers