New SS 409 dude...on board!

I recently acquired a very special car, the last known SS 409 Impala to ship from the Saint Louis plant. The 2009 '348-409.com' Calendar shows my car (February), and acknowledges that fact. This car is very special, as she retains her original drive train (409-340 hp), all original sheet metal and is heavily documented with its Original Dealers Invoice, Original Window Sticker and Original Protecto-Plate. She also has great factory options, 3.31 Posi, PS, PB, AC, F41 Suspension, etc. I have been looking for a '65 409 car for 7-8 years, and could not find one that was documented as a real 409 car. Needless to say, I love my new car!

Attachments

• SS3web.jpg
    SS3web.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 37
Yes, there she is! Lou is doing great, just spoke with him today. I bought his car a couple of weeks ago and it's now In Southern Utah. Great site, I am excited to be involved! Thanks!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Steven:

Good for you! I traded Lou a few 1965 specific parts, heck they might be on your car. I recall it was a water pump and a pulley. Great car, and I believe it to be historically significant :).

Glad to learn that it went to a good home and you are excited!

Cheers all around!
TomK

Hi Tom!...yes, I just installed the 'date code correct' water pump that Lou gave me with the car.

I'm happy that you feel that this car is historically significant, completely agree with you!

It is a very special car with wonderful documentation!

Thanks Tom!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very nice. I am a 65 nut myself, this is the 4th. I do expect you will at least give me a heads up if that car come up for sale.

Jeff

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to the Zoo... Nice to have another West side member, make plans to attend the International Conference next year and you can travel with the rest of the Westcoasters as we are known. Great sight and good people with a lot of W information.

Bill in Idaho