New kid from Ohio 1960 Biscayne

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I was born in Cleveland, Ohio and when I moved to mid-Missouri many years ago I took a buckeye with me for good luck. Always carried it around in my briefcase for good luck. Never brought me any, but it was nice a thought :). Then about 10 years ago a dumb squirrel found it's way into my house. The only thing he nailed was that buckeye. My brother-in-law cornered him in a screened in porch and nailed him back with a whiffle ball bat :). No more buckeye, but no more squirrel either. But I still had a little luck left. That week I found a 1961 Belair sport coupe with a 348 that started my fascination with the Great "W" :) :) :).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

TomK

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ryan, welcome to the forum, I'm from Ohio as well. It's good to see someone even younger than me interested in these engines. You may have to share the location of the yard with that sedan delivery.... I would love to see what else is there!!:rub

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Have wanted a 60 sedan delivery or el camino forever. With my current projects I'll probably never have either.
I had a rough 59 delivery once.....a member here (can't remember and he doesn't post anymore) wanted to buy it....told him he could have it for scrap price if he promised to do something with it....well a few weeks prior to his planned trip down it was stolen and crushed. :mad

Ryan Burman

Well Known Member
  • 419) 659-5992
8143 State Route 12, Columbus Grove, OH 45830
If one of you guys can nab this let me Know I would like to go with you when you get it everything is for sale. There is a 4 door sedan parts car there too I would like to nab eventually.

Attachments

• downsized_1960 biscayne front.jpg
    downsized_1960 biscayne front.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1
  • downsized_1960 biscayne side.jpg
    downsized_1960 biscayne side.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 0
  • downsized_1960 biscayne rear view.jpg
    downsized_1960 biscayne rear view.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 0
  • downsized_1960 biscayne delivery b.jpg
    downsized_1960 biscayne delivery b.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 0
  • downsized_1960 biscayne sedan delivery a.jpg
    downsized_1960 biscayne sedan delivery a.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0

Ryan Burman

Well Known Member
This is from Steeles auto wrecking, Lots more cool stuff there but he doesn't really let people wander too much anymore.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I hope someone close by saves that delivery!!! They are extremely rare.
Too far away from me. If nothing else there are plenty of parts that would sell well but I would hate to see that parted out.

Ryan Burman

Well Known Member
Yep only 1500 or 2500 made and it's the last year for them. They sure are cool maybe I can pic it up for a future resto.