New kid from Ohio 1960 Biscayne

Ryan Burman

Well Known Member
Hello all, I've always liked the 348-409 W motors and finally found a car in that era eventually worth of putting a W motor in, this is probably gonna take me a while as I would like to make the car as nice as possible with my budget. But being 20 and having a family with my fiance and son there really isn't too much budget. I'm here to learn and gather as much info as possible. I got a really clean for Ohio 1960 Biscayne 4 door sedan with only a little rot. 235 3 on the tree but plans eventually call for a W motor. Thanks looking forward to this.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the zoo Ryan :clap Great group here :hugand lots of info on the "W" engine. Enjoy the ride .
:dance:crazy:cheers

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Ryan:

A large group of us gathers annually in that area, at least we have been for the past 5-6 years. You might be familiar with Norwalk and it's drag raceway. We've been going to the other side if Cleveland as of late, in Thompson, Ohio. Generally in the month of June. Stay tuned and see if that happens again in 2014.

Assuming you are on a budget, and you have a 1960 vehicle, I'd look for a 348 engine that you can rebuild for your car. The 409-based components are very desirable and costs can rise quickly. By contrast, the 348 can be made to perform well, looks similar and costs less - a lot less.

Welcome aboard!

TomK

Ryan Burman

Well Known Member
A warmed over 348 was the plan the whole time. They have stroker kits for them. 409s are for the resto and guys that have way more money than me crowd. I know of Norwalk never been there as of yet. I should I really should but it's quite a trek to make on any kind of regular basis and I know if I go I'm gonna wanna be there all the time. I love burnout smoke and screamin motors.:bow

Topstrap

Well Known Member
Welcome from another Buckeye, I'm down closer to Wheeling but still on the Buckeye side of the river. Good luck on your car, we're working on a 62 but trying to get the garage insulated and a wood burner put in so I can work on it thru the winter. Seeing a lot more of these old Chevies at the local cruises and shows this summer. Nothing at all wrong with more doors, great for taking the family for a nice drive.

Keep up up to date on progress.

Dennis

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome, from one '60 lover to another!! I am also a Buckeye. :D

Lonnie

Topstrap

Well Known Member
Worthless nut. They make nice key chains or knobs on a rat rod dash but don't think they have ever found a good use for them yet. They say carrying one around in your pocket brings good luck, guess I better go find one and start carrying it.

http://www.curiouscountrycreations.com/images/medium/dried-pods/dried-ohio-buckeye-nuts_MED.jpg

The locals make a really good treat with chocolate outer shape with peanut butter filling that resembles a Buckeye.

http://cleveland.about.com/od/favoriteneohiorecipes/r/buckeyes.htm

Dennis

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Worthless nut. They make nice key chains or knobs on a rat rod dash but don't think they have ever found a good use for them yet. They say carrying one around in your pocket brings good luck, guess I better go find one and start carrying it.

http://www.curiouscountrycreations.com/images/medium/dried-pods/dried-ohio-buckeye-nuts_MED.jpg

The locals make a really good treat with chocolate outer shape with peanut butter filling that resembles a Buckeye.

http://cleveland.about.com/od/favoriteneohiorecipes/r/buckeyes.htm

Dennis
I've always heard they are poisonous if you eat them (the real thing, not the treat!)

Welcome Ryan!!! You couldn't have found a better place to join up. Greatest bunch of guys here I know of.

Ryan Burman

Well Known Member
Buckeyes are a just a nut pretty useless as least as far as I'm concerned with them. They fall everywhere and no one picks them up so they just get smashed and rot? Only in Ohio would me make a useless nut a statewide sign of identification. The treats that you speak of are amazing especially when served cold. Not hard to make at all. Again thanks for all the warm welcomes guys!