New here, Oldcarsnbikes says hello....

Hi all,
thought I give it a try-
I'm from Germany and like my username says,I'm into the old rides.
I have two '61 Impalas (in not so good/even worse condition).Years ago,I owned a '60 Hardtop,a '68 Stationwagon and a '65 convertible.Also have a '66 Olds Cutlass,a '67 Olds 442 (without engine:rolleyes),a '51 Ford F1,a '74 AMC -AMX,a '66 Chevelle Convertible and...
Bike: '68 Early Shovel.
You see-I'm hooked.
It all started out,when I was a kid.Since I live in a town where half the people living there were GI's,I was used to cool rides at an early stage.Anybody reading this still remembers Ayers Kaserne-called 'the Rock'
home of the 3rd Armored division?:salute
My father used to have a '67 beetle then.Couple years later,I saw a brand new screaming orange,winged GTO /the Judge up my street.Aliens had landed-what a car:bow
So,from my first earned and saved money,I bought me a well used 1974 Electra Glide (full dress).Was the king of the road over here as long as I had the bike.Motorcycling was not 'in' in the early '80's.Nobody rode a bike in town back then...
Now maybe you get the feel for how crazy I am....

P.S. please excuse my english...

Oldcarsnbikes

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome aboard, we all have that same fascination with engine-powered toys from our past. Good to know we continue to expand internationally :).

Do any of your two "Sport Coupes" have "W"s in them? I'd be interested to learn whether those 348s and 409s are as rare in Europe as they can be in the USA.

Cheers!
TomK

Welcome aboard, we all have that same fascination with engine-powered toys from our past. Good to know we continue to expand internationally :).

Do any of your two "Sport Coupes" have "W"s in them? I'd be interested to learn whether those 348s and 409s are as rare in Europe as they can be in the USA.

Cheers!
TomK

No,they are even more rare ! In all those years I hung around cars,I never seen a 409 in person.I do know a '58 Impala with a 348 though
I once had a '62 GMC pick up with a V6 GMC engine-it looked like a 3/4 W engine to me:D.
I have a'61 bubbletop and a 4door sport sedan-both have 283 in them

Arno

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard !

I'm also into old cars & bikes. So I have the disease too!

Like that you have an old HD shovel.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to the zoo. ... Enjoy the ride and always keep your arms and legs completely inside the ride and the seat belt low and tight... :love1

Bill

bobs409

Administrator
Very nice! I like the 66, 61 and even the old Ford pickup! (although I'm seeing a red paint trend) ;) These old Chevy's seem to be all over the place these days. Always glad to see the "survivors". We need to protect the ones that are left. :bow