nana1962409

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That is a very nice looking tripower! That's about where I want to have my front sit when I'm done. I probably won't cut the springs till I have the 409 in being I think the 409 and 4 speed will be lighter than the current big block and automatic I'm running now.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The 409, 454, and 235 6 were all about the same weight, the 283 about 100 lbs less. The cast iron T10 may be the same weight as the auto you had in there. I have 6004's in my 62 with a 409 4 speed, uncut it looks like this:

412250698.jpg

I haven't done anything to the rear, original springs and bushings, new shocks. I like the higher front end, it is higher than Dan's. The car had no hood at the time of this picture.

Welcome to the site, nice car and build. Just a word of caution, if you are using the original steering column, the 62 clutch pedal is the only one that will fit.

Don

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the advice Don. I will make sure it is a 62 pedal assembly with the hook to go around the turn signal switch.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Tom that is pretty much going to be my plan stroker 409 and I have a nodular iron super t-10 to put behind it. Unfortunately as far as opening the hood and showing it off not really anyone my age knows what a 409 is! It's kinda sad.
Must be time for you to educate them then....

Nice car.. can't wait to see the 409 in there

Steve

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Must be time for you to educate them then....

Nice car.. can't wait to see the 409 in there

Steve
They will be educated when it's done just will take a while to get the engine together but I'm pretty patient with thing like this