My 64 ss 409 "Project neverending"

64$$ Nightmare409

Ok so its been almost a decade since posting in here. Crazy how time flies. Update to the car well none really it's just that much older lol. I have been thinking long and hard on it and may be going to update with a mild ls build. That said I may toy around with selling the 409. I will have to look up my build specs and parts and wont consider pulling it until someone wants to buy it cause as it sits I can still drive it at show it off running as opposed to sitting on a stand. I have no clue where to start $ wise but it will be a complete engine carb down to pan sell. 63 qb twin quad 425hp engine with Doug thorley tri y ceramic headers, Ross pistons ,stock crank and rods, 690 heads of course, crane gold rockers mini starter etc. I rarely drive the car and probably have less than 3000 miles since building it. It's time for moderate power and daily reliability. Any help with valuation would be a great help. If I go this route i'll make a sales post just putting feelers for consideration out there.

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
As the saying goes," it will be worth whatever someone is willing to pay". There are tons of folks on here with a lot more knowledge than I have. I'd take a guess at at least 15K. If you still live in NC it is in a good place with lots of people in the east to come and get it.

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
no way in H E double hocky sticks would I pull a good engine to put in a LS in THAT car, and I WANT to do an LS. If it had a bad engine OK. But it is your car.

64$$ Nightmare409

I feel yall on it, I've had the pleasure of owning this amazing engine and have enjoyed the people and conversations around it at shows. That being said the car was a 327 power glide car so not ruining a true 409 car if sold. I would like to let someone else have the opportunity to carry the 409 torch or maybe get one that fits their 63 car build as it's a 63qb.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 16
I smell what your stepping in. Understand, sounds like someone could end up with good donor transplant.