Long time coming...

482STROKER

Well Known Member
I am a former 409 CCa member too, I read this and had to run down and pull out my newsletters, I have the following ones, july-august 1988, august 84, oct nov 82, may june 89, 10-17-89, march april 89, jan feb 89, have 1 with no date on it, oct nov 85, I remember there was another club out of so cal headed by Monte Schantz ? I was on my way home from the army in 1979 and stopped to see some family and one of my cousins knew Monte and introduced me to him, got to see his car and he seemed like a good guy, I know I have the mag issue your looking for but I just can't break up my collection of old mags with 409 info in them, sorry, very cool to see your still kicking, Steve

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
I haven't had anything to do with Monte in 30 years or so ago. It seems he had way too many unethical parts deals with people who called me to complain, and they nearly all joined my club.I didn't sell parts, stayed out of all those deals of the week,etc,and life was much simpler. Just out of curiosity, about six months ago, I did a Google search on "Monte F.Schantz", and the only thing that came up was his obituary.We sure had a lot of nice people in that club,however!!!

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
dm 62 409-the Super Chevy arrived today in the mail. Fun looking at it. I still had hair. I still have that 12 bolt housing!! If someone wanted it, I would trade a '65-67 Chevelle 12 bolt bare housing for it. Mine still has the 4.56 gears in it, but that gear set is so old that you would be foolish to run it. I even have the lower control arms with aluminum bushings in them.

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I 've looked everywhere and I don't see no lowest common denominater's on here. Welcome to the site Greg. Saw a plaque at a swap meet a couple years ago ,"409 car club" .they wanted $100.

:crazyRay

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I 've looked everywhere and I don't see no lowest common denominater's on here. Welcome to the site Greg. Saw a plaque at a swap meet a couple years ago ,"409 car club" .they wanted $100.

:crazyRay

Greg, Do you still take the 09 out and run it? Do you still have the 62 you used for the rear end mods from back in the day??I've been looking into beefing up the upper control arm mount, since if found I had partially rirrd it off the frame.
Are you wanting to sell that 12 bolt you had in the car?

Brendas409

Welcome aboard Greg. I was a former member of the 409 Chevy Club of America too. Although I lost all of your newsletters in a "custody battle", I did retain my 409CCA t-shirt and of course my '62 Belair 409 replica race car :)

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome aboard Greg. I was a former member of the 409 Chevy Club of America too. Although I lost all of your newsletters in a "custody battle", I did retain my 409CCA t-shirt and of course my '62 Belair 409 replica race car :)

You need to bring that car to Thompson next year:love